1

Mia's P.O.V

Moving and changing schools is hard on a 16-year-old. I hated leaving my friends and family and leaving the place I grew up in. I've been living here for a few months now and I'm just starting to make friends. I only have two so far but its something. I usually go on walks to clear my mind.

"Mom I'll be back later!" I yelled to my mom as I walked out the door. I walked down the street towards my friend Becca's house. I wanted to see if she wanted to walk with me. As I got closer I began hearing voices come out of the forest. The forest is the talk of the town. Apparently, there were 4 boys that went into the forest to go camping and never came out. There were search parties looking for them for months and never found them so they were pronounced dead.

"Is she new?" One voice asked.

"I think, " Another said. After that, I stopped paying attention. I walked up the driveway to my friend Becca's house and knocked on the door.

"Hey Mia," Becca said as she opened the door.

"Hey I was gonna take a walk and I was gonna see if you would like to join," I said.

"Sure let me just go tell my mum, " Becca said. After she told her mom we started walking.

"Becca, do you ever hear anything coming out of the forest?" I asked looking at it as we passed.

"No why?" She asked.

"Before I got to your house I heard people talking," I said.

"Shh, they'll hear us," The voice said again.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"I didn't hear anything, listen it could all just be in your head the forest does that to you. Once I thought I saw someone standing just at the edge of the trees but I think I was just seeing things" Becca said. Soon it started to get dark so we went home to get ready for school tomorrow. I took a shower got dressed then laid in bed and thought. 

"I wanna go in the forest" I mumbled to myself.

(The Next Day)

   I woke up at 6:30 so I could get to school on time for once.

"Becca!" I called out to her as she was walking down the street.

"Hey Mia," She said. I caught up to her and we walked to school.

"I have something to tell you and Matt at lunch," I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You will know at lunch," I said. Come lunchtime Matt, Becca, and I are sitting at our normal lunch table.

"So what did you want to tell us, Mia?" Matt asked.

"I'm gonna spend the night in Death Forest," I said and their jaws dropped.

"Mia you can't!" Becca said.

"I need to figure out what's in there," I said.

"If your gonna do it you better be careful," Matt said.

"I will, I'm gonna pack a bag with everything I need," I said.

"Matt I can't believe your, agreeing with her," Becca said.

"I'm not but we can't stop her Mia is the type of person that sets her mind on something and doesn't give up," Matt said. 

"Right you are my friend," I said. 

"Oh alright but if you die I'm gonna say I told you so," Becca said.

"If I die you would have to summon me with an Ouija board just to tell me that," I said making them laugh. Right after school, I ran home to pack my bag.

1.) 2 flashlights + Spare batteries

2.) Snacks

3.) Blanket

4.) Extra jacket

5.) Pocket knife

6.) Phone + Portable charger

"Okay I think I'm ready," I said to myself.

"Hey, mom I'm gonna go spend the night in the woods," I told her.

"Do you have your pocket knife?" Mom asked.

"Yeah," I said. Mom bought me the pocket knife when I was 8. She was always worried about people trying to kidnap me.

"Just be home early enough in the morning to get ready for school," She said.

"I plan to," I said. I walked down the street to the entrance of Death Forest then I stood there and looked up at the tall trees.

"I guess i'm doing this" I said with a sigh.

_________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you like my new 5sos story if you have any idea for the book feel free to message me and I will give you credits to the chapter. Bye :)  

If you like this story sharing it with your friends would be great thank you.

If you have a suggestion for this story or other stories the ways to contact me are in my bio

"Never give up cause great things take time"

Instagram: asmith._.16

Snapchat: alexissmith1234

- Alexis