Daerius

Mate? What the hell is that supposed to mean Madox? I growl at my wolf.

What do you think it means Daerius? That girl is your mate and you are about to torture her! He snarls at me.

Why would I be mates with a creature other than a wolf, especially one like a witch or oh god, what if she is a dragon? I say, disgust seeping into my words.

Well then you are just going to have to get over it. The longer you avoid her, the stronger the bond is going to grow until you won't be able to even look at her without wanting to tear her clothes off. I can practically hear him smirking.

I cut off the link, knowing that my wolf is probably right, hell, he's always right.

Find out what kind of creature she is, I tell my Beta who stands in front of the girl. She is quite beautiful actually, with long red hair and dark green eyes. Her body is toned and she has curves in all the right places.

I snap out of my trance when I hear my Beta growl. Luckily the glass isn't soundproof so I can still hear everything.

"Pure adrenaline, which is going to make this hurt a lot worse," my Beta says waving over one of the guards. I'm guessing she has been ignoring his questions.

She looks at the syringe in the guard's hand and panic flashes across her face.

Beta Cadyn takes the syringe from the guard and stands in front of the girl.

"Last chance, what are you?" He asks, his voice sounding almost frustrated.

"You're the genius you figure it out," She snorts. He grits his teeth and moves to put the syringe in her neck.

She suddenly kicks her boot across his face and has her legs wrapped around his neck within seconds. He drops the syringe and it shatters against the stone floor. The guards move to get her legs off my Beta, but stop when she glares warningly.

"Don't even think about it. Take one step closer and your Beta is dead," she growls, tightening her legs around his neck. I can't help but be impressed.

See, I told you, you won't be able to hate her for long, Madox says, his voice smug.

I can hear my Beta gasping for air, his fingers clawing at her legs. I see his claws extend from his hand and slice across the girl's thighs.

She cries out once before pulling her legs tighter and clenching her jaw against the pain. My Beta's body suddenly slacks, but she continues to hold onto him. A growl builds in my throat at the incompetence of my Beta and the strength of this girl.

Less than a minute later she drops his body and kicks it away. My guards immediately reach him and lift him over the shoulders.

Take him to the infirmary, I order them.

"Can someone please tell me where the hell I am?" The girl suddenly growls looking through the glass.

My jaw is clenched and I am breathing rather heavily. I am pissed that she knocked out my Beta, but then also that my Beta hurt my mate.

I leave the room and walk to the other door.

I open it and come to stand just a few feet from the girl. Madox is threatening to take over and it takes nearly everything I have to hold him back.