Lyzaria

Lyza! Someone is coming! Mitalonys growls in my head. I peel my eyes open and see a shadow just above me.

I sit up with a jerk but the person straddles me and lifts a knife high above their head.

I grab their arms, stopping the blade just centimeters from my chest. They let out a growl and push down harder. Mitalonys has strength flowing through my arms within seconds.

"Get the hell off me!" I yell, shoving them completely off me. They fall onto their back and I quickly snatch the knife from where it fell to the ground.

I toss it behind me and watch as the person gets up and notice they are wearing a black mask.

"If I have to I am going to kill you with my bare hands," she yells and my face falls in realization.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I shout. I barrel into her, knocking her to the ground. I straddle her waist and start punching her in the face over and over again. I hear a crack as her nose breaks.

Blood stains my knuckles by the time Daerius' guards manage to pull me off of her. Two guards have her restrained with her arms behind her back.

"What the hell is going on here?" Daerius growls. I yank my arms from the guards and walk over to snatch the mask off her face.

"Angel?" Daerius asks and I growl.

"The bitch tried to kill me! She's the one who has been following us!" I spit angrily.

"Why are you following us? How did you manage to leave the territory? And why did you try to kill Lyza?" Daerius questions his sister, a growl rumbling in his voice.

"The guards assigned to me were total morons, it wasn't hard to get away. And I came to kill her because she is dangerous! You don't even know where she is taking you! She could be leading you to a pack of dragons for all you know and you're going to be killed just like your mother!" She growls. Daerius stares at her and she raises an eyebrow. "Well do you know where she is taking you?" She asks, glaring at me.

"Well, no, but that isn't the point. You defied me, your Alpha, once again, and this time I am not going to overlook it. Trying to kill someone is the last straw," Daerius growls and her face falls.

"What are you going to do to me?"

"You are going to be restrained for the remainder of this trip and then you are going to be imprisoned for a minimum of a week," he says and my eyes widen.

That's a lot isn't it? I ask my dragon.

Yes it is, he must care about you quite a bit considering this is his younger sister, he replies.

"It won't be light out for about four hours so we might as well try to get some sleep," I murmur, glaring at Angel as I return to my sleeping spot.

"You know I never did anything to you," I spit as I pass her. I move to lay down in front of the fire with a small sigh.

"Why is it so warm in here?" A guard suddenly asks and I chuckle a little.

"It'll pass in a few minutes," I tell him, taking deep breaths to calm my rage. As soon as I close my eyes, I am fast asleep again.

***********

I wake to a thud followed by someone cursing loudly. I look around and see Gamma Mykael pushing himself off the ground.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He glances at me before standing quickly. "Fine," he says, clearing his throat.