Daerius

A hoarse yell fills my ears, and it takes me a moment before I realize it's my own. All I could see were shadows and now all I can see is Lyza falling through the sky.

Her wing has a huge tear in it and she is covered in a glistening black liquid. Blood.

I feel my heart drop as I notice she is not moving, and her eyes are closed as she falls.

I am standing, but my legs give out underneath me as her body hits the earth. The ground shakes and a plume of dust floats over us.

Kailo soars down from the clouds, his wings beating away the cloud of dirt. I see he is missing an eye and half of his face is badly scratched.

"Oh shit, I don't think he's getting up," someone whispers behind me.

Then flames suddenly burst from within the dirt cloud. I jump back, narrowly avoiding getting my eyebrows burned off.

"What the hell?" Angel asks beside me, craning her head to see what's going on.

Then a roar sounds, so loud it shakes the ground harder than Lyza's crash. That's when I see it.

The shining metal laying on the ground with a dark form above it.

"She lost her collar, Talon has full power now," a guard says, making everyone around me gasp.

Talon bursts through the cloud of dirt and smoke, his entire body completely healed. His eyes are a devilish red, glowing brighter than the volcanoes.

He steps forward as Kailo lands in front of him, his clawed foot completely crushing the collar.

"Did he get even bigger?" Angel asks, echoing my thoughts. Compared to Talon, Kailo's dragon suddenly looks tiny.

He stands on his hind legs, spreading out his wings and letting out another ground shaking roar. Kailo's dragon cringes back slightly. My eyes widen.

"He's trying to make him submit," I realize. Everyone turns to me confused, except Angel.

"What?"

"It's like how an Alpha wolf makes a lower rank submit. Talon is trying to get Kailo's dragon to submit to him," I explain.

Angel laughs. "Hey if it works then I'm going to ask her to see if she can get you to submit to her," Angel sneers. I growl at her and she purses her lips, but the amusement doesn't leave her eyes.

Talon roars again, but then slams his front legs down onto the ground, making Kailo's dragon collapse onto the dirt.

Talon stalks forward, his tail swishing back and forth. His teeth latch around the other dragon's neck, but instead of killing him, he spreads his wings and carries him high into the sky.

"What the hell is he doing?" The guard mutters, leaning forward as Talon soars above the clouds.

A few moments later, a red-orange form is falling from the clouds, letting out a scream-like roar.

"He tore off his wing!" Angel yells, pointing to Kailo's dragon. I look closer and see she is right. Kailo has only one wing.

I hear a whistling sound and Talon dives from the clouds. His claws lock into Kailo's body and catch him before he hits the ground.

He carries him away again, this time toward the mountain of rock on the other side of the dirt ring. I wince as his body hits the jagged rock where Talon threw him.

This time Talon simply watches overhead as the dragon tumbles down the mountain, finally collapsing on the bottom.

Talon picks him up once again, carrying him back to the ring where he releases him. Kailo's body hits the dirt with a loud thud.