Daerius

My wolf is growling at me, and I am growling back.

How could you let her go? You had her in your arms! He snarls.

I glance over at Lyza who is pulling on a fresh pair of clothes.

Because she asked me to! If I hadn't then she would be completely pissed off and there is no way she would ever let that happen again! I spit. I get silence in return.

That's what I thought, I mutter before ending our connection.

A few minutes later we are all heading out of the cave. I walk behind Lyza, next to my sister who is smirking widely.

"What?" I snap as she throws me another devious glance.

"Nothing, it's just it looks like I was right about the dragon, it pissed you off didn't it?" She sneers, failing to hide her obvious delight.

"She isn't an 'it' and no you weren't right about her," I growl and she scoffs with a roll of her eyes.

"But you are pissed off. What did she do to make you so upset?"

"Nothing, now shut up before I have you gagged," I warn with a growl.

She laughs. "Of course you wouldn't gag me, just have one of the guards do it for you, just like dad always did. Why can't the Werewolf King do things on his own? Why must he have wolves below him do everything?" She growls and I snap.

"Stop," I command the guards. I snatch a rag from one of them and walk over to my sister, tying it around her mouth.

Well it's about damn time. I thought you would snap a lot sooner than that, she chuckles through a mindlink.

Shut up! I snarl, blocking her out of my mind.

I growl under my breath, staring at the dirt path we are traveling on. I feel hand on my arm and instantly know who it is from the tingling sensation that moves up my shoulder.

"Lyza," I mutter, earning a sigh in return.

"I didn't mean to make you upset," she says in a small voice.

My anger immediately softens.

"I just don't understand, not too long ago I was being interrogated as your prisoner, and now I wake up to you holding me? What is going on?" She asks.

What should I tell her? I ask my wolf in panic.

The truth! Madox growls.

I can't do that! That would make her Luna and the pack would never accept her!

"Well you've proven to me that you aren't vicious. Plus you went through a lot yesterday, I just wanted to make sure you're alright," I say, only half-lying.

"Oh," she mutters, her face falling slightly.

Now look what you did! Madox growls.

Shut up! It's for the best.

She increases her pace and moves to walk ahead of me. It honestly is killing me to push her away like this, especially after I allowed myself to lead her on last night and this morning.

Are you ever planning on telling her that you're mates? Madox asks. I sigh, glancing at Lyza.

No.

**********

"There it is," Lyza says. I look up from where I was staring at the ground and my eyes widen.