Lyzaria

Princess Lyzaria, that sounds good to me, Mitalonys chuckles.

"Princess?" Angel growls behind me. I whip around and realize that they are all still chained.

"Hey can we unchain them?" I ask my uncle who gives me a funny look.

"Why are you traveling with him in the first place?" He asks, tossing them a wary glance.

"I am staying with them so they came with me here so I can shift. Basically I'm trying to show them that dragons aren't savage monsters, and this situation isn't helping," I mutter.

"I meant, why are you traveling with the Werewolf King? The son of the man who nearly threw us into extinction?" My uncle snarls. I unconsciously bow my head, the rage and power in his voice forcing me fearfully into submission.

"He insisted on coming with me, I'm not entirely sure why though," I mumble, staring at the ground with my arms wrapped tightly around myself.

He growls before storming over to Daerius who is staring him down with a fierce gaze.

"Why did you want to come with her? No doubt you knew how dangerous the journey would be, and how much easier it would be to kill her, why did you let her live and why are you traveling with her?" He growls. My head lifts slightly, my curiosity greater than my fear.

"She was a young girl, and wasn't aggressive or as dangerous as the other dragons I've come across, I didn't feel she was a threat," Daerius shrugs. My uncle growls and I immediately know why.

He is lying, Mitalonys says.

"I've known this girl much longer than you have, and she is more aggressive and dangerous than most dragons in the world. Your wolf should have been howling for you to kill her, yet you allowed her to return to her birthplace. Why? And tell me the truth this time," he warns.

Daerius swallows before clenching his jaw tightly.

"Answer me!" My uncle snarls, grabbing his collar and yanking him upwards.

"Stop!" I yell in panic. Daerius' feet flail wildly and he grabs the collar, barely keeping it from stabbing him in the neck. My uncle's eyes swirl red, making me rush forward only to have someone's arms wrap tightly around me.

"No! Let me go!" I yell, struggling against the guard who simply holds me tighter until I can't breathe. I stop moving and try to suck in air but his arms are too tight around my chest.

"Answer me!" My uncle snarls once again, his voice sending a shudder through the ground.

Daerius looks on the verge of passing out when he glances over at me.

"Answer him! He'll kill you!" I yell, gasping for breath. I see something pass through his eyes, defeat.

"She's my mate," he says and everything freezes. Mate? The word echoes in my mind.

That explains a lot, Mitalonys says and I shake my head.

No, it explains everything.

My uncle slowly lowers Daerius to the ground, his face expressionless. Daerius looks over at me, but my face isn't showing any emotion either.