☆Ruki x Shu

So much for "I'm not going to do any Shu one-shots for a while" lol.

Ruki's POV

"No." I refused, my tone of voice sounding dead and cold.

"Oh come on! He's perfect for you! And, he's hot!" My brother, Kou, tried to convince me. He wanted me to go on a blind date with one of his 'friends'.

"No! First of all, I don't date much anymore. Second, I don't want to. And, honestly, I have too much work to do. I have two 6,000-word essays to write by next Monday!" I replied, crossing my arms. Kou was silent before he totally confused me. He got down on his knees.

"Please, Ruki! You'll like him a lot!" He begged me, making me laugh until he said something extremely important to me. "If you go on this date...I promise that I will buy you a hundred new books to add to your library! And, will leave you alone for three months."

Honestly, who could pass up an offer like that?! The advantages of this deal were incredible! Books and no Kou for three months! And, anyway it was just a date, right?

"Okay."

***

It was Friday night, and my 'date' was in two hours.

Even though I wasn't too keen on the idea of going out with a stranger, I had to look at least halfway presentable.

I decided to take a shower so I was clean for the 'date'.

Once I was finished, I walked around in my closet, wearing only a towel, deciding what to wear. Why did I have to own so many clothes? They were only making my decision harder.

Looking at the time on my phone, I realized that my 'date' would arrive to pick me up in about half an hour.

I grabbed a dark blue dress shirt, some black pants, and a dark gray bow tie. This outfit was the first thing I found that actually seemed to go well together.

***

My date was a total jerk. His name was Hibiki Keitan (this is a made-up person, by the way).

Sure, he was cute, but his hazel eyes were lustful and cruel. He kept checking his reflection in the spoons on our table and was constantly fixing his brown hair. He acted conceited and was extremely rude to the waitresses. At one point in time, I could've sworn that one of the waitresses was about to strangle him. Honestly, I was almost ready to do the same, but I finally just decided to make up a lie so I could leave.

"Hibiki, I-I just got a text from a friend of mine, and he wants to talk with me about some issues he's having with his...uh, with his pet starfish. And, after all, I'm really good with aquatic animals, so he would like me to take a look at her. I should really go now, but you can stay here and finish your meal. Maybe we could meet up again sometime in the future..?" My lying was terrible. What person that I know would actually have a pet starfish?

"Uh, sure, I guess. I'll see ya later then!" He said, grinning at me before returning to his food and his reflection-checking.

I sighed, leaving the restaurant section of the building. I immediately headed to the bar section. God, even though I hardly ever drank, I really needed a drink.

Sitting down at the bar, I ordered a Creme De Menthé on the rocks and a 'Smith and Kerns'. They were my two most favorite drinks, and, boy, was I going to need them.

My drinks came only a few minutes later, and I downed them both right away. They tasted great, leaving a mixture of mint and coffee behind in my mouth.

Suddenly, I felt a presence beside me.

"You look like you had a rough night." A deep voice spoke from beside me. Turning to look at the owner of this voice, I saw a boy about my age. His blond hair was messy in a 'perfectly-like-he-wants-it-to-be-that-way' way. His sapphire blue orbs were watching me with a withdrawn and calculating curiosity. He looked tall, and his pale tan sweater revealed his collarbones.

"I don't know...I guess it wasn't the best night I've ever had." I replied, shrugging. I sighed and swirled the leftover ice cubes in one of my glasses.

"Hmm...Did your girlfriend dump you?" He asked in an almost mocking tone. My eyes searched his face for an emotion, but it was completely devoid of anything.

"No...I went on a blind date with this guy. God, it was so stupid. He was such a jerk to the waitresses, and he-he checked his reflection in a spoon, like, every two minutes. Then, he kept fixing his hair." By the time I was done telling the story, I was cracking up. My date struck me as funny, now that I was looking back on it.

"Sounds like a total jerk." Was all the blond said as he stared at me. His eyes narrowed, and his brows were furrowed. He looked me up and down, almost like he was checking me out.

"He was." I spoke quietly, and a small smile broke out on my face when I realized how much this stranger sounded like a teenage girl just then.

"What's your name, anyway?" He asked me, smiling slightly. Holy crap, he literally had, like, the most beautiful smile in the world. The attention of this attractive stranger made me blush dark red.

"R-Ruki. W-What's yours?" I stuttered, blushing slightly deeper. The stranger's eyes widened, and an awkward silence fell upon us. After a moment or two, the stranger smiled kindly and spoke softly.

"Shu. My name is Shu."

***

Somehow, I ended up walking around on the streets with Shu at three in the morning.

"You know, I have another great story to tell you." The blond spoke softly, grabbing my hand gently.

"Okay." I waited for him to go on.

Finally, after a small silence, he spoke again. "There were these two teenage boys that met in a bar, and the one had blackish hair, like you. The other had blond hair, like me. The black-haired one had just been on a date. A horrid one, I might add. He had been downing drinks like there was no tomorrow. Then, the boys started talking, and, little by little, they fell in love. They spent the rest of their lives together."

Then, he kissed me. His lips were soft and tasted like lemons and blueberries. His mouth was gentle against my own, and his large hands lightly cupped my face.

"I love you." He whispered pulling away from the kiss.

"I love you too, Shu."