Chapter Twelve

"S," I hear the ever familiar voice say, dangling from the ceiling from two grapple hooks attached to either side of his hips. "Two at a time." He says looking at the bombs. I widen my eyes.

I shake my head, forgetting about if these bombs can detonate if there's motion, and begin throwing the seven remaining bombs straight in the air.  Every time a bomb is thrown a throwing knife skids over all its wires, severing them. The knife then hits a wall, the wall opposite of the active board. The bombs then drop to the ground, timers frozen at three, two...

And Leo makes the final cut of the last bomb at one.

As everyone sees the last bomb drop to the ground they all exhale a breath they were holding in. I realize I was also holding a breath in. Leo however is completely fine, composed. People would think that's cocky but all agents know Agent L only has one emotion, no emotion.

His knives leave an odd constellation of silver on the dark grey walls. He loosens his belt buckle, one that looks as if it belongs on an airplane seatbelt. It adjust the length of his grapple hooks until he reaches the floor and retracts them, so that he has two anchors at his sides.

He makes his way to the front of the room. When he gets there he holds a straight, stern face and keeps his arms behind his back. Leo is usually stiff, plain, dull and indifferent. It gets worse when he's in a professional situation. It sucks to have him act this way. However I pity the other agents. Leo's personality is scary to them. He looks scary, too, in an intimidating way. He looks like he demands respect. Leo however does demand respect because he's the other agent.

"Thank you Agent L." Ms. Clad says coming back into the room. "That," She states plainly. "is lesson one." I grit my teeth and clench my fists.

"Ruthless." Q says next to me through gritted teeth.

"Despicable." The boy who was part of the duo that defused the only bomb says.

"Cruel."

"You monster." J says with fists clenched so tightly on the table, his knuckles are white.

"Why?"

"That was a lesson!"

"We almost died." The boy next to J states.

"Any wire would've defused those bombs. It was just up to you guys to cut it. Lesson one is to be control of the bomb. The bomb is not in control of you." She states stalely. She's completely unfazed by the fuming agents. "At five seconds none of you cut a wire. Some chance is better than no chance." I look at my partner who would've cut a wire, if it wasn't for me.

"Sorry Q." I whisper as I tilt my head down.

She laughs once, a sad laugh. "It's okay." I look at her and see that she means it by the smile on her face. I look back up to Ms. Clad.

"The only agents who had any courage was Agent P and Agent F." She says looking at the two boys with some semblance to a slightly turned up line, a smile. From behind their table they give themselves a silent high five, visible to only those behind them. "They are not the only ones to commemorate though," She says which brings shock to the room. Everyone stares at me, but it's not my name that Clad says next. "Agent J stayed completely focused on the task and helped everyone regain composure after shock." I look at him and see wide eyes. His fists are still clenched though. He's still mad even though Clad just complemented him, and Clad never compliments anyone.

"Anyway bomb defusing is difficult. This is also Training Two which means you are the agents who need much help with this art."

"Art my ass." J says under his breath. I smile.

"That being said Agent L will help you guys along with me. We will be doing one on one lessons." Of course she would get the other agent  to help her.

"However, until you are called fill out the worksheet in the front of the room with this bomb." She then types something into her table and everyone has the same bomb on their desk, but not J's. She then looks at J then squints at him. "Mr. Ass please come up to my desk." J widens his eyes, he didn't think Clad could here him all the way at the front.

There are a few giggles around the room. I have to admit I even cracked a smile. Leo however, at the front of the room, stays completely stoic.

"S." Leo states plainly, choosing the agent he wants to train. Agent R takes my place next to Q. We then sit at their now vacant table.

Leo brings his Transmitter close to his mouth and says, "Wired Dynamite." Ms. Clad types something into her tablet and the same bomb from the longest three minutes of my life appears on the table.

"This isn't funny." I tell him, pouting.

"I know." He says with a smile in his voice that doesn't show on his face. "You weren't game enough to defuse it though." He states plainly.

"I-I," I ty to defend myself but Ms. Clad's words ring in my head, some chance is better than no chance. "You panic." I say softly.

"Look I know," He says gently. "the thing is real. The thing can kill and destroy. But the worst part is," He swallows. "knowing you could save everyone from the disaster, or causing it.

"Then getting that out of your head."