Chapter Seventeen

"Good morning," Leo tells me. I get off his shoulder and rub my eyes.

"What time is it?" I ask him, still sleepy.

"About ten thirty." He says plainly. "You ok? You never pass out like that."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I yawn. "Sorry, I didn't know that I'd fall asleep." I say, burying my face in my hands. It's extremely terrifying to know that an agent can just fall asleep, anywhere. We are so hardwired and don't need much sleep. We are trained to be running on sleep, and when that runs out, energy, and when that runs out, energy tablets, and when that runs out, pure adrenaline. As the second best agent in the Agency I shouldn't be able to fall asleep, anywhere, especially in a park. I should be able to keep awake because of all the noise around me. Sure all the noise is muffled, but to an agent who has to be able to hear a branch break in the forest at night, the noise might as well be through a speaker right in my ear.

"Hey if the Agency is giving you too much work then you have to tell them. Before you know it you're  gonna actually pass out on me. You have a Charge who I bet is a handful then you have normal training which already strains you more than enough. Then you have stupid duties to the Agency as an Elite." Leo runs his hand through his hair. The Elite is a group of the two best agents at the Agency. These agents are extremely skilled in every area of training and are the most reliable agents. They always get they're missions done in the most efficient and effective way. They also have duties like placing agents for missions, testing new weapons, surveys and more.

"Leo I'm fine. We're out on Exception because I'm part of the Elite, we both are. Plus Dominic has been off my hands for a while now." I tell him with a shrug. "Hey, I wasn't the only one who slept." I say, elbowing him.

"I didn't sleep, I just closed my eyes." Leo says, no defense or defiance in his voice. He shakes his head, "As long as you're not sleeping on missions I'm fine. Anyways we have until eighteen to be out."

"Yeah." There was a moment of tense silence between us when I finally broke it I said, "No offense but can we just take Exception at the Agency? Make fun of the other Agents as they train and we relax?"

Leo smiles his usual smile, "Sounds like a plan."

"Which you obsess over," I say under my breath.

"What?" I shake my head to indicate nothing.