Part Five: I Want You To Run

I woke up in a miserable mood.

Feeling connected to him all night and waking up with a hangover made me tired, sore, miserable.

Having to clean up after the party and then breakfast didn't help, but I was just glad, despite being invited to the party and scouting last night, that Durst wasn't allowed to come for meals yet. Everyone pretty much ignored me at breakfast, because of what happened last night, and Kaylee had to go home after she ate; so I felt even worse.

There was a knock on my door, and I put my comic book aside, and looked at the door, but didn't sense my guardians. "Yeah?" I asked, not bothering to get up off of my bed.

The door opened, revealing my two sisters looking nervously in. "Hey Lavender." They said in unison. I smiled sadly.

"Hey guys." I sat up on my elbow. "What's up?" I asked.

"We just thought that maybe," Rose started.

"You'd like to garden with us today, since you can't train." Violet added. They had grown closer in my often absence... and I missed it, finishing each others sentences, playing together, being their triplet. It was days like this I wished I had never started aging, so I could be sweet and young like them again.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I nodded, getting up from my bed to follow them to the front yard where Danny had put in the garden for us. It reminded him of our mom and our original home- I guess. The girls get the most use out of it. I did like to visit it from time to time, and loved the way the flowers they harvested and brought in perfumed the house. To say I remember what it would have been like to have a mother, or her garden, would be a lie though. I think Danny knew that, but he still tried to keep me connected to her and the memory of her. I kind of hated it.

When we arrived at the garden my sisters put me straight to work. They were always the more organized ones, and liked to do chores, more or less to follow rules and order. I usually hated all of those things- I didn't complain though, and started pruning the rows of the flowers named after us, along with the sunflowers and honeysuckles. It actually calmed me, and I enjoyed the silly conversations the girls had with me, childish things I didn't care about anymore, but enjoyed hearing about from them.

"Lavender is it cool being an adult?" Violet asked me in between conversation.

"No. Never bother growing up. It sucks." I chuckled, causing the girls to giggle.

A few hours later and we had weeded, pruned, and watered the garden. At first it was nice, but the longer I stayed around my sisters the more I realized I wasn't one of them anymore. I felt the distance between us growing like a river; I was on one shore and they were on the other. The wider that river got the more bad memories flooded in with it, making me feel hot under my skin with anger. I felt violent. I felt like running.

"Hey- I'm gonna get out of here..." I say to my sisters as I drop a hand shovel.

"Why? Did I say something wrong?" Rose asked- she had been talking, but I hadn't been paying any attention for the last few minutes.

"No- no- I had a great time," I lied as I backed up slowly. "Hey, if brother asks tell him I had an emergency and headed down to the market..." I said quickly, trying to escape quickly.

"Would I be lying?" Violet asked.

"Don't worry about that," I said as I backed up further.

"Lavender!" Rose called after me, but I was already running.

"Thanks! Bye!!" I yelled as I headed out of the main property.

My feet carried me far, and fast, and before I knew it I was in town. I knew I smelled to high heaven, and I was muddy from gardening, so I instantly felt embarrassed the second I finally stopped on Main Street. The crisp air began chilling me quickly as I paced and tried to catch my breath; my sweat was cooling rapidly and was forming a cold layer throughout my clothes. Flashes of memories were chilling me more, though.