Part Fourteen: Like Honey

Durst's POV:

She hasn't come back yet. I'm pacing waiting anxiously and she's nowhere to be seen. Only a third of the party remains. And the morning is almost here. And I don't even sense her. Danny is still out in the forest, running, trying to find her, but he ordered me to stay home. I'm furious- I'm-I'm just above any other emotion- wondering where she could be, wondering if she was all right, wondering if she's been hurt or taken, or if she's fallen ill. I can't even imagine. All I know is that she wanted to be away from me. She ran away- and we chased her- as far as we could, but in one moment she gave us the slip. We couldn't find her after that. She never responded to my calls. She just kept running, and running, and running. I tried to argue going home, with Daniel, but he would not take no for an answer. He was my alpha, and I knew lavender didn't want me to be on his bad side, so I shut my mouth, and went home. Now I was furious, though. If he couldn't return Lavender home I would have spent valuable time not looking for her, I can be out there calling for her, trying to communicate with her. Instead, once again, I listen to my Alpha and obey like an idiot. She could be anywhere. She could be scared. She could be looking for me, trying to find her way home- and I'm here standing around like a sitting duck- with my thumb up my ass.

"LAVENDER!" I shout her name, scanning the trees on the edge of the forest, looking for any signs of her or Danny.

Then I sense her.

"Lavender!" I yell out her name again and search for her, as I run towards the feeling of her.

"D-Durst!" She calls out shakily.

I run past the trees edge ignoring the look and comments of people behind me; wondering why I was running towards her, wondering what was going on between us, talking about 'The Delta and his young mate', making speculations. All I care about is her.

"Durst!" She cries out, her voice sounding exhausted, and then I finally see her. She's covered in scratches and wounds from nature, and despite it all she looks so beautiful- to say I didn't take in the sight of her like a tall glass of water would be the biggest lie I'd ever tell. Her body bruised and glowing in the morning sun- and she's okay and she's home.

Well... She'll be okay- right now, as I run to her, she's puking and staggering, but she'll be okay.

"Woah, woah- I got ya." I say as I throw my flannel off, and drape it over her shoulders, grabbing her hair back.

She's shaking. I've never seen someone push themselves to this point when they first change, before. She's exhausted, and near collapsing, then I have to catch her in my arms, before she falls to the ground. "You all right wildflower?" I ask as I brushed her hair from her face and try to get her to stop shaking.

"Nn-No Durst- take me home- please.."

"Yeah, okay, just hang in there. You're just tired and exhausted. I'm going to take care of you- don't be scared."

"Don't make me feel weak like that-"

"No, babe, you are so strong, and I'm so fucking proud of you."

"Really..." She smiled a bit through her pain, but then winced again.

"Yeah, we'll talk about you running away later... but right now I'm just going to take care of you." I said seriously, as we approached the party.

"Lavender!" Dylan shouts for her when he spots us at the tree line.

Out of pure instinct I reacted.

A loud growl erupted from within me as he tried to draw closer. He froze, because I'm his delta, but soon was fighting it to catch up; as I carried my wife bridal style for the first time towards our home.