Part Nine: My Name

"Fuck you!" I yelled, slamming the door of the truck as I left it.

"Lavender get in the car, right n-"

"Gladly!" I stopped Danny's order, walking towards the car.

"Wait- what- what happened?" Danny growled, glaring at Durst, who had jumped out of the truck after me.

"Lavender!" Durst yelled my name angrily.

"No- fuck you! I hate you!" I yelled at him.

"What did you do to her?!" Danny yelled, his stance becoming defensive as he prepared for the worst. Prepared to do the worst.

"Nothing!" Durst replied.

"HA!" I spat. "You're such a piece of shit-"

"Lavender, explain, now. You run away, and now that I caught up, you're willingly getting into the car and not putting up a fight-"

"The only one I'm fighting with is him! And don't ask me why- if you're going to punish him, just punish him for waking me up, and waisting my time! I should have never left!" I huffed.

"Well if that's how you feel, fuck you too then!"

"Durst! Both of you! That's enough!" Danny shouted. My body trembled momentarily in fear, but I wasn't scared. It felt like I never would be again.

"Durst, I'll deal with you when we get home- both of you actually- so follow us there. And don't even dare to back talk to me." Danny glared at each of us.

"Yes sir." Durst said, anger still in his voice, as his chest fell and rose quickly.

"Yes sir." I agreed as well. "Just keep that asshole away from me!" I spit on the ground, and slammed the door of the back seat, after taking my seat in the car.

"Don't worry, I'm staying away from her for good." Durst said, loud enough for me to hear.

"Shut up and get in your truck!" Danny yelled, barely able to control his anger. He slammed the door as he took the drivers seat. "You're grounded for life." He said bitterly as he turned the key and started the engine.

"Whatever."

"Don't talk to me that way. And get ready to hear a lecture from here, back to the forest." He warned. I groaned, as he turned the car around on the wide desert road. We drove past Durst, who was still standing by his front door, glaring.

As we drove by slowly, when Danny wasn't looking, I flipped Durst off, and stuck my tongue out at him.

His glare cracked and he smiled, his eyes lighting up.

And I had to hide my face, so Danny wouldn't see my blush and smile. Those were only for Durst. A minute or two passed before Danny began addressing me.

"What did he do?" He asked sadly, worry seeping through his anger, and I was glad he was so worked up in anger, because he didn't recognize that I had not one ounce of sorrow in my heart; in fact my heart was over filled with joy.

"He-" I cleared my throat, continuing my act. "We just didn't work out like I thought. He's hard headed, and so am I." I said, vaguely.

"Should I just punish him- or do I have to kill him? Did he say- or do- anything that deserves death, for hurting my baby sister-"

"No- no- nothing like that." I said, crocodile tears seeping from eyes. "I just don't want to talk about it." I swallowed hard. He nodded, and remained quiet, which I appreciated while it lasted, because I knew he would begin his lecture when he calmed down.