Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.
Lacey's POV.

Yawning, I continue the tedious process of covering up the ink on my neck, the only one I ever cover up because unless I wear a turtleneck there is no way to hide it and it's against school policy to have visible tattoos. Sighing I do my make up, keeping it simple and smokey. I pull my hair up into a simple but somewhat messy ponytail.

Picking up my keys I make my way to school, parking in the first spot I can find. It's been about a month since I was last here. I never even made it to a class last time, although I did get Jax to get me some work to catch up on so I'm not entirely behind. I was stupid to go back so soon, I wasn't ready physically or mentally. But this time I've been cleared by the doctors, with the caveat that I take it easy.

I found my locker thanks to Jax; I had him teach me the ins and outs of the school based on that shitty little paper map. I place books and folders into the locker, again feeling the unnerving feeling I'm being watched. Suddenly my locker slams shut, making me flinch. Please don't be... "Hey there. Nice to see you around again." I recognise that voice. He's a friend of the rude guy from my first day. I turn around slowly, trying to calm down, spotting the second friend too. "Well if it isn't Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee." I mumble under my breath, crossing my hands over my chest. "Hey, ignore him. We just wanted to check you were okay... you know considering you disappeared for a month. Seth didn't think he'd hurt you. He didn't know you were actually hurt. He can be an ass but he doesn't hurt girls." One says and I shake my head. "I know, it's fine honestly. I was unwell. The flu or something. But even so, can we just not talk about this and keep it strictly between us. I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself being new and what not. It'll make things easier for all of us." I say and they nod. I'm glad they agree. I seriously hate being the new girl, but this is karma I guess, for my actions.

I sit down next to the wall, sighing at the fact I have history first. The chair next to me scrapes back and I turn to see a pretty red-haired girl smile at me. "Hey, I haven't seen you around." She says in a friendly tone and I smile. "I'm technically still new... I started a month ago." I say and she smiles. "So you're the one rumours are circling about. I knew I liked you. I was wondering if we'd see you again. Rumours have been circulating that Seth had a hit put on you and you had been buried in the middle of nowhere for hitting him or something. Not like I believed any of them, though it was amusing to hear them." She says, waving the rumours off dismissively. "Oh my god, how rude of me! I'm Jamie." She says smiling warmly as she looks at me. "Lacey." I reply and she beams at me. "Well, would you like to hang out with me and the group at lunch?" She asks and I smile, nodding slightly. "That would be lovely." She claps her hands together excitedly and grins at me. "Great!" The teacher strolls in acting like he hasn't wasted half the lesson not even being here, and starts the lesson. I begin taking notes, occasionally talking to Jamie, whom I learnt hates being called Jay and public speaking but loves the colour yellow. Honestly, she seems really sweet and like a problematic friend to have around.

Packing up I agree to meet her at my locker at lunch, giving her the number before walking into second period, taking a seat in the row just before the back row, leaning my back against the wall. My eyes meet Seth's and I frown at the look he gives me, full of curiosity and unspoken questions. He's walking with some other guy I've never seen before, but they seem close. The new guy walks out and Seth takes a seat on the back row. Suddenly Nate and Josh come barging in and Josh rushes to the back row, sitting in the only seat left on the back row. I keep my head down, groaning slightly when the chair beside me is pulled out.

I doodle on the cover of my notebook, bored and annoyed. How can a teacher be late and it be considered acceptable but if a student is late it's the end of the world and you're getting detention for the rest of the week?