Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.
Lacey's POV.

I was wrong, really wrong. He was mad... told me I need to stop being so reckless. "I know and I'm sorry. I didn't even want to go, but they wouldn't give in. I went for a bit and then got Seth to drive me home because he hadn't been drinking. He's getting my phone for me, so I should have it back by Monday, latest." I say and he sighs. "I know you're sorry. Just try being more careful okay? It's too soon to move without looking suspicious and you seem happy here." He says and I nod hugging him. "I think the cupcakes are done." I say and we head to the kitchen and I laugh. "What flour did you get out?" I ask and he shrugs. "I don't know." He says and I shake my head. "Well I've got use for a couple of them and then they go in the bin and we go buy some." I say moving four to the side. "Yes boss." He says and I can't help but laugh at him anyway. At least he knows.

I decided I should just go to the bakery and buy some, so unwillingly I got dressed and started driving to the store Kansas playing.

Pulling into a spot I pay at the meter before walking the short distance into the shop. "Who am I supposed to go shopping with now! Everyone else is busy!" A high pitched big voice whines and I roll my eyes laughing. Some people... just! Rolling my eyes I walk through the door and breathe in the cakey goodness. I order a dozen red velvet cupcakes and half a dozen triple chocolate fudge brownies. The guy behind the counter smiles at me as he hands me the goods and I hand him a fifty dollar bill. "Keep the change." I say with a small smile and walk over to the door.

I go to open the door but it quickly snaps back shut. Ignoring it I push the door open again. "Do you mind!" A voice screeches. "Oh it's you." It deadpans and I glance over to see Ruby stood there. "What do you want?" I ask snappy and she crosses her arms childishly. "Grow up! Like seriously... how old are you... five?" I ask and she gasps. "How dare you?!" She cries and I almost laugh. "You are an utter bitch! I don't see what Seth even sees in you! You're not pretty, you're boring, you're an idiot!" She says and this time I can't help but laugh. "I don't know what Seth ever saw in you. You're fake, annoying, and just a fricken pain in my ass! And FYI there's nothing going on between Seth and I." I say and she just huffs. Rolling my eyes I turn and walk away. "Stay away from him! He's mine you know!" She yells and I just shake my head and ignore her. Stupid bitch.

I pull up on the drive and panic sets in at the sight of a range rover. "Hey, where have you been? Why aren't you answering my texts?" Nate asks and I sigh. "Out. And well I think Seth has my phone as I lost it at your party." I say glancing at the house, praying Jax doesn't see us. "Oh. I was worried thats all." He says frowning. "Well as you can see I'm fine." I say worriedly looking back at the house. "Am I like interrupting something?" He asks and I almost groan. "No, you're not." I say and he sighs. Suddenly the front door opens and out steps Jax in a suit. His work suit to be precise. "I'll be back as soon as possible. I'm sorry I have to leave so... suddenly. Text me the minute you have your phone back. I'll call the house phone when I land." He says and I sigh but nod and give him a quick hug, aware that Nate can see/hear all this. I hand him one of the boxes of cupcakes. "For your journey. Be safe." I say straightening his tie. He nods and smiles sadly at me and I feel the fear of being left alone slowly bubble. The panic must have shown in my eyes because he pulls me back into a hug. "Its ok. I'll be back so quick you'll forget I was gone." He says and I blink back the tears, trying to stop my hands from trembling even more as I slowly nod. "Be safe please." Is all I say before letting him get into his work issued SUV. I hate him going to work like this. He's like a father to me and it scares me that I could lose him. I give a small smile to Nate. "I'm sorry, kind of a bad time for me right now." I say and he nods his head. "If you need something, call my okay? I know you're alone tonight so if anything happens, get in touch." He says and I nod smiling. "Thank you Nate." I say and he smiles at me. "You be safe." He says and I sigh slightly.