Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.
Lacey's POV.

Its Saturday. Which means it the day after winter formal, and the day of Denver's winter dress up party. Oh how fun! I'm 'obliged to go' because I organised 'the best winter formal ever' to which I'm not too pleased. I'm once again being forced to go. So, the girls are coming here to get ready. I've been planning outfits all day. Its not like I had much else to do after all.

The knocking pulls me from my thoughts and I greet the girls in with a smile and we make our way to my room. "Okay I have everything planned. So, you're going as a santa because it's the least weird." I say to Jamie and she smiles gratefully at me. "And you, you're going as like a candy cane queen. Cause you're Jace's queen." I say winking and she chuckles. "So lets get ready." Alexa does Jamie's hair and make up whilst I get to preparing my make up. I'm going as like a reindeer trapped in Christmas lights. Oh so festive.

So we're ready and I'm ready to drive us there. "You are an artist!" Alexashouts and I roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah, just get into the car." I say rolling my eyes. I begin driving the short distance to Denver's house and groan when I see the amount of people outside alone. "Great." I mumble making our way to the door. I instantly spot Denver in his bright red santa suit, handing gifts of shots out to guests. He spots Jamie and instantly stops what he's doing to give her a hug. "You look gorgeous." He says and I nudge Alexa and we go in search of everyone else. I soon spot Josh... he's hard to miss. He's in a bleeding inflatable snowman suit, and... currently struggling to actually get through the door. That boy. Rolling my eyes I give Jace a quick hi before telling Alexa I'll come find her later and continue my search for Nate.

My eyes lock with Nate and I'm not sure if to laugh, Awh him, or drool. He looks almost comical as an elf considering he's so tall, but he looks adorably attractive. He's so... toned. "And here my little... animal is." He says and I roll my eyes. "I'm a reindeer in the Christmas lights. Its a pun." I say and he chuckles. "You are one creative little madam." He says pulling me into a hug. "But I must say, I miss the short hair." He says grabbing a section of my wig. "Yeah... me too I guess." I say and take a sip of my water. "Pure vodka already!" He asks and I chuckle. "Water." I correct and he frowns. "Designated driver." I way and he nods. "You could just stay here with us." He says and I shrug. "We'll see how the night goes." I say and he nods. "At least come dance with me." He says and like deja vu, as I'm dragged to the make shift dance floor, once again forced to dance.

I sway my hips slightly, gasping slightly when Nate's hand reaches my hip, but breathe out in relief when I realise he was turning my lights on. "I take back my mockery, you look stunningly fabulous." He says and I smile. "Like you expected anything different!" I say laughing, until my eyes meet Ruby. "Wow she went all out." I say and without looking Nate rolls his eyes. "She never does. Just ignore her and enjoy your specially alloted Nate time... let her annoy Seth in peace." He says and spins me around. "Alloted Nate time? Wow you know how to make a girl feel special." I say and he just grins at me. Alexa joins us, and I ask where Jamie is. "Not sure, last I saw she was still with Denver. If I remember correctly, she was grumbling that he was drinking. Stop worrying and live for the moment!" She says. How does she get tipsy so quickly. We dance together, laughing occasionally as Jace shamelessly flirts with Alexa, god they're a cute couple. "How long have you been single then?" Nate asks and I shrug. "Couple years, I don't like to count. I live an independent life with Jax, never had time to think about boys. Too busy learning new skills." I say and he looks at me. "You are just full of surprises, aren't you." He says and I chuckle. "That's me." Is all I say and make my way outside for some fresh air. There's a game of spin the bottle by the pool, and in the corner by the shed theres some people getting high, and then what appears to be the social smokers sat on the grass. "You don't seem to be enjoying yourself." I turn to see Seth standing behind me. "Nate's made it bareable but, this isn't really my scene. Nice look by the way, digging the new hair." I say and he chuckles. "Well, you easily win with your new accessories." I says and I laugh. "Whats Christmas without a lil' gorey reindeer?" I ask and he chuckles. "Not drinking?" He asks and I shake my head. "You?" He does the same. "Well I think we are literally the only sober ones here Mr Frost." I say and he nods. "I know we are, Rudolph." He says and I slap him. "Watch it, wouldn't want one of these going where the sun don't shine." He cringes and shakes his head making me laugh. "Oh there you are! Ew. What are you doing talking to her? Come on baby, I think its courtesy that you give your girlfriend a dance." Ruby says trailing her hand down his chest. "Well, when I get one I'll be sure to do so. Now if you don't mind..." He trails off and grabs my hand leading me inside and I just follow. Why am I always dragged into this shit?

We get inside and I instantly spot Josh attempting to twerk in his snowman suit. "Calm down frost, don't go pulling something." I say and behind me Seth chuckles. "Lacey boo! You came! And you look so sweet." He slurs throwing his arms on me and I chuckle. "You saw me earlier Josh, remembered." I say and he chuckles. "Oh yeah... so you and Seth?" He winks and I shake my head. "No. How much have you had to drink?" I ask but quickly backtrack. "Forget that... I don't care to know." I say and he just kisses my cheeky. "You're the best!" He slurs hugging me again. "I'm going to get a drink." He says and I don't bother stopping him as he stumbles away into the kitchen.

Jamie and Alexa suddenly grab my arms and pull me onto the dance floor, and we begin dancing, Denver, Nate, Jace and Seth all joining in, while Josh makes out with some random girl. I meet Ruby's heated gaze as she glares at me. "Whats her problem?" Alexa asks clenching her fists and I shake my head. "Its nothing. Probably because Seth isn't with her because she's a clingy annoying fake bitch." I say and she nods. "God I'd love to punch her." She says and I nod. "Same, but we can't." I say and she sighs.

As they continue to get drunk, I continue to remain sober. As always. Pulling out my phone I groan at the time. Its two thirty am. One upside is that lots of people have left, or been dragged away because they were wasted or high. Josh waddles over and attempts to sit down. "Easy there tiger." I say and he laughs. "Can I tell you a secret?" He asks and I nod cautiously. "I think Nate likes you." He says and I shake my head. "I'd hope so considering we're friends and all." I say and he shakes his head vigorously. "I mean he likes you. He hasn't told me but he's always showing signs." He slurs and I laugh nervously. "Nonsense. You're just very drunk Josh." I sigh. I spot Alexa and Jamie and rush over to them. "Are you ready to go?" I ask and Jamie gasps. "I can't go home! My parents would kill me!" She hiccups and I try not to groan aloud. "And I'm staying with Jace." Alexa adds and I sigh. "Well then I'll text you later, I've got to get home before Jax kills me." I say and turn on my heels and walk away, keys in hand ready to leave. "Leaving so soon?" Someone asks as I walk through the door. "Jax will be worried. If I'd have known they weren't coming with I'd have left hours ago. Have a good night Seth." I say and he sighs. "Are you really going home?" He asks and I sigh. There's no point lying, he'll know. "No." I say and he nods. "Fancy going on a drive?" He asks and I shrug motioning to my car. "It can't hurt." I say and we both get in. "Metallica?" He asks and I nod. "Yup." And thats it, back to silence.

I drive around the empty roads, feeling the awkward silence become suffocating. "You didn't drink?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Not a fan of it." He says and I nod. That's fair enough. I speed up slightly and allow myself a quick glance Seth's way. "Anywhere in particular you'd like to go?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I don't mind." He says and I nod. "Alrighty." Where to go now? I press on the accelerator, speeding towards the beach I was at a while back.

Pulling up he gives me a weird look and I shrug as I grab my jacket off the back seat, throwing the antlers off it as I do so. I slip it on and motion for him to get out. I walk towards a wall and slip off my boots and socks before walking onto the soft sand. I feel Seth behind me and sigh quietly. What am I doing here?

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder and turn to give Seth a confused look. "You're shivering." He says and I am in fact shivering. "I'm fine." I dismiss. "If you won't go back, at least take my jacket." He says about to take it off but I place my hands over his to stop him, the cold once again getting to me. "Then you'll be cold and shivering. I'm fine honestly." I say and after a couple of minutes silence I follow his gaze and realise I'm still holding his hands still. I quickly retract my hands and begin walking again, getting closer to the sea.

Seth's arm is back around my shoulders, as we walk back towards the car. I get in and just sit a moment.

I remember the time when my mom and dad took me to the sea side lodge they own, owned, and my dad had picked me up whilst my mom was sunbathing and ran into the sea with me. Knowing what he'd do I held my nose and closed my eyes. Seconds later he'd dropped me in the water, laughing as I swam up. "Daddy!" I moaned splashing him with the salty water. "Oh that's how you want to play?!" He laughed and I quickly swam away, kicking my legs quickly, but it didn't matter. He grabbed my leg and pulled me back causing me to squeal loudly. We began splashing one another only I soon grew tired and made dad pick me up and carry me back to mom. He kissed her and I groaned when he kissed her passionately. "My innocent eyes!" I giggled and they shook their heads. They were so in love, and I adored that about them both.

Shaking my head, I turn to look at Seth who gives me a weird look. "You ok?" He asks and I nod. "Yeah, just zoned out for a minute." I say and he shakes his head. "You didn't move for like fifteen minutes." He says and my eyes widen and he looks at me in the eye. "You're crying." I look away. He can not see me cry.