Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.
Lacey's POV.

So today's a snow day... turns out while I was focused on drawing it had snowed... quite a lot. Not that I mind, means I can go into town and spend some time alone writing lyrics and reading, maybe even drawing. How I love snow days.

I quickly dress in black leggings, and an olive green jumper, a thick cream coloured scarf and some sturdy brown boots. Every now and then I like to mix my outfit up. I quickly pack my backpack with my lyric book, sketch book, pencils, my current novel and my Polaroid. I'm planning on spending all day out and about. I'd rather not stay at home where thoughts can plague my every moment. Sighing I grab my phone, earphones, keys and money before heading out. Apposed to driving, I'm probably better off walking, the roads are full of black ice. Shivering slightly under my leather jacket, I begin walking to where I think I remember a cute little cafe was in the center.

Walking in the strong smell of coffee surrounds me and I sigh. I fucking love coffee. I order my usual triple shot espresso, caramel mocha and sit on one of the bars, the ones with the high up stools. I get out my sketch book and continue my sketch from last night. I continue to sketch the structure of the face. I'm taking extra care with this one, spending more time to get it perfect. I shade in the strong angles on the cheek bones and the strong brow. The slightly crooked nose and the strong jaw line.

My drink is placed next to me and I look up and give a quick smile before focusing back on my drawing. I mark out the initial shape of the eyes, rounding or straightening areas as I go, attempting to make them look manlier than they are. I don't know why men have a different shape eye to women but I've found they do somehow. Years of drawing has taught me that. 

It's been an hour, I've drank two drinks and almost completed one eye on my drawing. However, I think its time to leave and go elsewhere.

I walk into a thrift store and look around. There's some awesome stuff in here, I used to shop in these all the time. Picking up the guns and roses shirt I smile when I see its my size. I also find a pair of ripped jeans which are my size. Paying the lady at the cashier I thank her and place the clothes in my bag. I used to work in one of these back in... Shaking my head I walk out and look around. There's a few stores I wouldn't mind checking out, maybe the craft store would be a good place.

Entering the craft store I instantly spot tons of items I want. I grab a basket and put water colours, acrylics, pencils, fineliners, more sketch pads and pencils and just everything from graphite to glitter and everything in between. I finally pay, realising I have to carry all this and if I don't stop, I'll have no bloody money left.

I need somewhere quiet to read. "Excuse me, is there anywhere quiet to read?" I ask and the guy behind the counter. "Yeah there's a few cafes and there's the bookstore-library." He says and I quickly thank him and make my way there with his directions in mind.

I enter the store and look around. This place is awesome. I like the original period features. I head towards the back of the building and sit down on one of the chairs, kicking my shoes off and curling my feat under me. I begin reading my book, glad that no one else is here to disturb my peace.

Or... I spoke too damn soon. I hear a loud giggle, followed by a husky grunt. I block it out and continue reading. A loud high pitched moan sounds and I have to bite my tongue to stop from snapping. The same husky voice shushes the girl moaning. "Keep it down or we'll get kicked out." I know that voice... but why? "I'm sorry, you're just so good." I know that voice too... again I don't know why! I try to block it out, instead focusing on the last few pages of my book. My eyes skim the page but the moans begin to be all I can hear. Who the hell does... that... in a public place! I use all my willpower to focus on my book, finally reaching the end. It was a good book, but I don't know it was kinda anti-climactic.