Chapter Six.

A/N: The songs in this book are owned by artists... I may write it that characters have wrote songs but full credit will go to the actual artists. Credit to You Me At Six in this chapter.

Chapter Six.
Lacey's POV.

I have a free now, but Alexa is nowhere to be seen. Maybe I could go to music and refine some of my songs for Seth and I. Checking there's no class in there I stop short when I see Seth there with a guitar in hand, singing along to a song I don't recognise. His voice is raw and just, amazing. It has the quality that would easily make most girls swoon. I step in and he stops singing suddenly. "What are you doing here?" He asks and I shrug. "Came to refine some of my songs." I say and he nods. "You've got a good voice." I say and he says nothing. "Just trying to be nice." I say taking a seat at the other side of the room. I get out my lyric book and try to make my sounds make more sense. I can do this. Seconds later my book is snatched from me. "You're pretty good. How are you imagining these sounding?" He asks and I shrug. "I've never actually sang them..." I say and he looks at me wide eyed. "Seriously? Sing for me." He demands and I laugh. "I can't just sing on demand." I say and he shrugs. "Come on, manners." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Please." He says and I smile. I begin singing, my keys subconsciously pressing the keys on the keyboard. Beside me Seth begins strumming the guitar and I smile slightly at him. He joins in singing and I tap my foot creating a fake drum beat. We finish the song and I turn to him. "Impressive." He says his face never changing. "Its alright." I say and he chuckles. "You should give yourself more credit Teller." He says and I roll my eyes. "Whatever Sykes." I say and he smirks. "How long till the hand is healed?" He asks and I look down at my hand sighing. "They don't know." I sigh again. "I really fucked up. I got the lecture of my life... I think he's disappointed with me." I say my gut clenching in guilt. "I'm sure he's not. You're just over thinking this." He says and I sigh. "I just hope I can still play the drums." I say and he looks behind me. "Try it." He says and I realise he was looking at the drums in the next room. Leaving my stuff where they are I head over and sit on the stool. I pick up the sticks but groan when my cast makes it hard to get a decent grip. "Stupid cast!" I say taking it off, ignoring Seth's hesitation. "Are you sure thats a good idea?" He asks and I shrug. "Don't know, don't care." Is all I say and biting through the pain I begin to drum a basic beat. "That'll be a yes." I say breathing out all the pain I can. "Or not. You were in agony!" He says and I know its true but I can't not drum. Placing the cast back on we go into the other room and I quickly take my painkillers. "Are you sure you're ok?" He asks and I smile. "Don't worry badboy, I'm a big girl now." I say and he chuckles a little. "Now get them vocal chords warmed up we're making music!" I say spinning in the chair to face the keyboard, I let him take the lyric book, confident I know the lyrics well enough to sing without it.

I play the keys, a recording of me drumming playing as Seth strums the guitar.

I know something you don't
It comes and goes
Like the strength in your bones, woah
So keep your mind at a rest
I'll never let the two of us be friends
Does it hurt?

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It's such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way

You must have the must have moment in your hands
And it's sad to think that this season I'm gonna change
Just not face to face
It ain't broke, so don't fix it

Underdog, just look at the mess you made
It's such a shame, a shame
We had to find out this way
Revenge loves company, three makes it a crowd
So wash your mouth, sit this one out

And I'm down,
Down but definitely not out (definitely not out)
Yeah, why did you call me again?
I bet I bet we don't make it (I bet we don't make it)
Cause I never take advice from my (friends)
Friends in very high places
They're only making bets to themselves,
Selves they're very, very selfish,
We'll keep you in mind in the end