Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.
Lacey's POV.

I walk out the front door and lock it. The cold breeze sweeps across my exposed stomach. I'd decided to wear a grey crop top, black skinny jeans and my military boots. My usual leather jacket gives me a small amount of protection from the cold.

I turn and smile at them. "Okay Lacey you can come with-" Nate starts but is soon cut off. "Me." Seth says in a more dominant voice. I throw him a confused glance but nevertheless follow him into his car. I get in the passenger side, Seth closing the door after me and getting into the drivers side.

We drive in near silence till we reach the end of the road. "You seem... in a bad mood." I state and he shrugs. "You would be too if you had to deal with a clingy bitch." He snaps and I sigh. "Oh I feel I've had to deal with her a few times already." I say and he chuckles. "Yeah I've seen." He says and I smile.

We reach the cinema and buy tickets and snacks before heading into the screen room. We head to the back and I end up say between Nate and Seth, Jamie sat next to Nate. I don't know why we got separated but I guess we wouldn't be talking anyway.

I crack my knuckles and decide to take my jacket off. I slip my arms out and set it down by my feet. Sitting back I rest my arms slightly on the arm rests and keep my gaze on the screen. The adverts start and I laugh slightly at some of the funny thing that pop up. I quickly text Jax letting him know where I am before turning my phone off and place it in my pocket. The film starts and I can automatically tell that I'm going to like it, full of action and blood.

I feel something warm in my hand, looking down I see Seth's hand subconsciously holding mine. This is kinda weird, but nice, and I don't want to draw attention to the fact that he's holding my hand because judging by the distant and focused look in his eye I'd say he hasn't realised. I remain still and almost groan aloud when Nate's arm drapes around my shoulders. Did he just? Really?! I mean sure he's cute and all but he's also a major player and I'm not a part of that game. Keeping my eyes focused on the screen I try ignore the conflicting feeling cohercing through my body.

The movie ends and I quickly stand up, pretending to stretch. I slip my jacket back on and turn to Jamie. "Hey I come around tomorrow for revision?" I ask her trying to avoid both Nate and Seth. I knew coming was a bad idea. "Sure! I might need your help too anyway." She says and I smile thanking her and giving her a hug. "We'll arrange it tomorrow." I say as we exit the cinema, making our way to the arcade. Guess we're staying out for a few hours, better text Jax again. Letting him know I'm staying out for a bit, I put my phone away and smile at Jamie again. "You could have warned me about the surprise calculus test!" I say and she laughs. "What would be the fun in that?" She says between laughs. "Oh I see how it is." I say pouting. "I'm sorry." She says smiling. "Come on! We're going to get a milkshake!" I say and she laughs. "Lacey it's half ten! Nowhere is going to be open!" She says and I roll my eyes. "When I first came here, I couldn't sleep so I went to Insomnia Cookies and they do amazing milkshakes! Come on!" I say and shaking her head she walks with me. Josh joins us, adamant I'm paying for a milkshake for him. "Who said chivalry is dead." I joke and he looks at me like I've grown two extra heads. "What does that mean?" He asks and I chuckle ruffling his hair. "Oh Josh it's a good job you're good looking." I say and he grins. "You think I'm good looking?" He asks and I nod. "Who doesn't you moron!" I say rolling my eyes and he hugs me kissing my cheek. "Calm down there tiger." I laugh and Jamie laughs at the situation unfolding in front of her.

We order and Josh instantly flirts with the girl who is obviously praying to clock off early. "He's quick." Jamie says and I nod. "Oh that reminds me. I was meaning to ask you, how come you never bothered with them? Like most girls were drooling over their every moment, but not you." I say and she smile. "I'm not going to lie to myself and say I don't think they're good looking because damn they are, but they're arrogant and it makes me cringe. The way they use girls, it makes my skin crawl. They don't care enough about others feelings, and so I've always distanced myself from them. I've been best friends with Denver all my life, hence why he was the only one I spoke to before you arrived and brought us all together. I'll admit they're cool, but I still dislike their obvious disrespect for most women." She says and I nod. I can understand where she's coming from.