Chapter 9: Chelsea's Downfall

Chelsea was one of the quarantine's defenders. The humans that didn't survive didn't die, but they became kind of like the Anthropomorphics. They had consumed too much of the chemical and had become like a type of plant people. Most of them had no eyes or were wrapped completly in leaves. You could barely tell they had even once been human. I was told that they fought the Anthropomorphics for land and out of pure hatred. They were able to reproduce with their own kind so they were never low on fighters. They woud sometimes attempt to raid quarantine zones and they happened to make it through our walls.

Chelsea had an axe and was fighting them on the ground while the defenders on the walls shot arrows. Weapons weren't very easy to come across because of the Anthropomorphics, so I was told. Anyway, Chelsea was probably the best defender of the group and she always fought with melee weapons. She brought down at least fourty of them when she was hit with an arrow from the defenders and ripped apart by those things.

The rest survived the attack, but my daughter...was dead.

The man who hit her with the arrow was executed after he admitted he had done it on purpose and was jealous of her. The fool should've been killed by my hand.