Letting It Slip

This chapter is dedicated to phoenixking1234 for the votes and comments, I really appreciate it! I'm glad this is you're favorite FanFic and no, YOU rock ;D

Here's the next chapter!

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"UGH!!!" I let out an annoyed groan, I was bored out of my mind. I was trying to figure out something to do, something to get my mind off of the recent events in my life.

I was petrified in all honesty. What would I do if they came back? What would I do if Itachi didn't care to help me again? I started pacing around my room again. I had to get out of this house, I'm driving myself insane!

I ran downstairs and out the door. I made sure the house was locked.

"Like locked windows and doors would keep S-Ranked criminals out." I thought while rolling my eyes.

Yet, I continued down the road and into the town. I was walking down the roads near the shops, hoping to feel safer because I was around people. Though I still felt that paranoia creeping up on me like a dark cloak.

"Lori!" Someone yelled from behind me. I screamed and turned around to see a startled Kiba.

"Oh, I'm sorry Kiba, I didn't mean to scare you..." I apologized. He quickly regained himself and smiled.

"Its fine, a little bit on edge are we?" He teased.

"ahaha yeah, you have no idea..." I mumbled the last part under my breath so he wouldn't hear me.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just thought I would say hi since you seemed all alone." He said while scratching Akamaru's ear.

"AW thanks, I appreciate it." I said with a smile.

"So where is Sasuke?" He said wiggling his eyebrows. I felt my face turn a slight red.

"W-What do you mean?" I stuttered. He busted out laughing at me and just shook his head.

"Nothing, you just said it all." I looked at him confused.

"What?" He just shook his head again.

"Got to go! Have fun with Sasuke!" He winked and disappeared before I could even do anything.

I just huffed and continued walking. I was walking for who knows how long, but eventually people started to go home and the sky started to get dark. Lights from houses and street lamps filled the area, making the feeling of being alone all the worse. My pace quickened with my heart beat.

"Why are you running?" I heard a deep voice ask next to me. I wasn't as startled this time, but just looked at the concerned-looking Sasuke.

"I'm not running." I said casually. He let out a snort,

"Sorry, walking extremely fast." He said sarcastically.

"No reason, I just wanted to get home, this place gives me the creeps when no one is outside." I replied honestly.

"Hn." Was his response, I think he knew there was more to the story.

"Why are you out here anyway?" I inquired. He just shrugged.

We started walking until we got to the part where we go separate ways.

"Bye." I said as I started to walk away.

"Night." he responded as he walked away. I was walking up to my house and went inside. I quickly took a shower and went to bed.

6:00 AM, my eyes snapped open. I let out an annoyed groan and got ready for training.