5+ H0urs

~the fifth hour~

"Do you have any idea what time it is? When are you coming home?" Aria's hard voice interrupted my thoughts as soon as I tapped the 'answer call' option. My sister was always so quick to judge. I read the time on my watch: 10:32. It wasn't that late...

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I muttered,then ended the call before my sister could respond with another complaint. I was tired to the bone, and I spent that last few hours pondering how I could complete everything on the list. 

I even swore viciously to the texter, sending useless death threats, colorful words and provokative language, but he never replied.  I was in my car the whole time with no where to crash, feeling that if I went into my house I would be confined by the walls and questions. But in truth, I really missed Bella and her cheerful dimple and eyes that would light up my whole entire mood. 

But I missed Olivia even more. 

Maybe I cried after she kicked me out. I cried a lot for a man. I lost three very important things within a few hours today: Lucas, my girlfriend, and my dignity. Oh, and the man I used to be. 

But anyone would do what I did if they were in my position, surely. Right? 

I drove home steadily, taking my time, not ready to face the interrogation that will probably kill what little energy I had. But then I pressed my heel against the speed pedal to drive faster when I realized that I had to be there to protect them, and that's all that mattered right now.

I arrived at my manky apartment, which was silent, with the reception lights switched off. I ignored the darkness and decided to use the flight of stairs, since I didn't do much physical exertion today. Except for thinking.

I flew up the stairs until I reached the sixth floor. It wasn't until then that I realized how exhausted I was. I opened the door to my apartment hazily, feeling drowsy. I sighed in relief when all the lights were switched off, and I heard the faint snoring of Aria in my room beside Bella. At least I didn't need to face her now. I checked on them before retreating to the living room. Aria was still fully clothed, her face muffled into the pillow, her cellphone still held in her limp hand. Bella was cuddled up to her flank, her hair covering her face. With both their dark hair spread everywhere, I realized how much they looked alike. I ran a hand through my own black hair, feeling slightly disappointed with myself. I left Aria alone to look after Bella the whole day while she had work.

 And what was I doing? Burying up Lucas in the storage room, sending cash to a goddamn unknown person, and telling my girlfriend her worst nightmare.

I lifted the cover and rested it over Aria's shoulders then left the room, feeling heavy with loss. I missed Lucas. I missed Olivia. 

I collapsed onto the sofa in the living room after brushing my teeth and washing my sweaty palms in the sink. 

I would lie if I said that I continued to be brave throughout the night. But I didn't. Instead, I cried myself to sleep, sobbing until the arm of the couch was soaking. What was Unknown doing to me? What did I do to deserve all this?

~the sixth hour~

Sleeping.

~the seventh hour~

Sleeping.

~the eighth hour~

Sleeping.

~the ninth hour~

Sleeping.