38 h0urs

THANK YOU FOR 1.2K VIEWS. Also, I have crazy final exams coming up in a week. Ugh. I'm not going to update that much, but as soon as they are over I'll be right back it! Here's an important chapter for you guys :) 

{MAY BE SOME GRAMMAR MISTAKES. UNEDITED.}

~the thirty-eighth hour~

I followed Bella and Aria to the party. 

Right after I got this deadly message from Unknown. 

Unknown - 12:32 PM: Vulnerable, exposed Bella, out of sight from parents. This is the perfect time to pounce. But will you be in time?

I darted. 

What can I say? I didn't want to lose Bella in a different way emotionally or physically. It was a horrible idea in the first place. They needed some kind of a father to right their wrongs, and I could now see that Aria was not entirely different. She was right, Bella shouldn't be caught in the situation. But with Unknown on the wild hunt to get back at me, the phrase better be safe than sorry wouldn't stop haunting me.

Following them was tricky. As soon as they left I threw on a thick black leather jacket even though it was thirty seven degrees outside and made sure they were already in the elevator before I went to the ground floor to get into my Chevrolet. The tires screeched against the ground as I reversed from the parking and discreetly trailed after Aria's dark red Jeep. 

I nearly lost them several times with the stoplights, and a few texts from Unknown on the way was enough to nearly distract me from the chase. 

Unknown - 12:47 PM: Naughty naughty, Browning. Since when did the wolf hunt it's pups? 

Unknown - 12:52 PM: Loud anticipating music. Easy places to get lost. Lack of adults and just teenagers. Sounds like the perfect place to take down.

Unknown - 12:59 PM: Tick tick Adam. The party will thump in one minute. And so will your luck.

The last one was sent when I arrived at a huge house also known as Camilla Brooklyn's wild dream house. It was decorated with flower bouquets on the outside, seemingly from parents to the spoiled mother. But on the inside I could feel the music vibrating my car, top chart songs on the stereo. I winced at the thought of my young niece so out of place in a party like this. I knew Bella. 

This was not her style, and I wasn't going to let anyone change it for her. 

I made sure to keep low when Aria came out of the door again after a few minutes, without Bella this time, and into her Jeep. I kept an eye on my sister when she drove off, only daring to get out when her car was a dot of dark red in the distance. 

With a fuzzy mind I entered the house, wondering what I was going to do when I found Bella. Maybe I would just make sure she was okay without her seeing me, otherwise I would get a piece of her mind. 

I wore my sunglasses that I only used on special occasions and rang the doorbell. It was useless because with all this music going on, even the bell was inaudible inside. But to my surprise, a very blonde and tall woman opened the door. This must be Camilla's mother. 

"Who are you?" She asked rudely, holding the crook of her nose. I put my glasses on my head so I didn't seem like a perv intruding the party, and and soon as she saw my face her smirk melted into something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"My...my wife is in there," I lied thickly, swallowing the dense feeling in my throat. "I just want to tell her something." 

"Come in," she finally said after a while, opening the door wider to let me. I nodded at her and entered to be in awe of the sight of tons of young girls dancing everywhere, definitely older than Bella. They were all blonde, tall and skinny, which made me roll my eyes uncontrollably. The new age of teens would never enlighten me.