10 H0urs

~the tenth hour~

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. 

I felt tired and lightheaded, and for a few seconds I just pried my eyes open at stared at the blank ceiling. The faded sunlight drifted from the curtains, and I felt uncomfortable in yesterday's clothes. 

Phones. Messages. Texts. 

Hours. 

Then it all came back to me. Lucas, Olivia, my stalker. I blinked several times to make sure it all wasn't a nightmare - but here I was, with my stupid phone vibrating beside me. Every two seconds I was getting the familiar sound of the notification that indicated I had a text. 

I grumbled to myself and checked the time. It was five o'clock. Who was texting me at this bloody time? 

Still warm with sleep, I leaned over the couch to reach my phone. The screen light nearly blinded me, but I unlocked it anyway to check the messages. 

2:49 AM: I suggest you wake up now to get your day started. 

2:49 AM: You don't have much time left; every minute is precious. 

2:49 AM: I wonder what surprises you will bring today. Every rule you break, every person you break. Remember that.

3:00 AM: I left you a surprise at your doorstep. 

I frowned with a creased forehead. Not only was I surprised that he was texting me like some kind of long-lost friend, but he also left me some 'surprise' at my doorstep. Did I want to know this surprise? 

But an addition to my horror was that whoever this was obviously knew my apartment number - if he really sent something - and my name. And my sister, and my niece and Lucas. Et cetera. 

Let's just get this over with. 

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. Hell, I was petrified of what I would find. And just to know that Unknown was probably at my doorstep a few minutes ago gave me a new burst of terror. But I had to find out, even though curiosity killed the cat. 

I held my breath and unlocked the door. I exhaled, gritted my teeth and flung the door open. 

And lying at my doormat, just a few centimetres away from me, was a neat, clean box. 

Sorry, short chapter :)

x Bea