Chapter Eighteen:

The fear traveled in America's Veins as she wondered what would become of her future now. Her complexion remained pale and matte, her eyes steady not portraying any lies in her current words. She lets out an understated sight when she looked at the twins, showing them that she wasn't afraid of death when it would come. If she were to look unsure her sister's life and her childhood best friend were going to be killed, but not before slitting her throat and letting her bleed out.

"Ok," America says with a calm voice.

"To town it is then." Damian says, probably not falling for her bullshit

***

"Jonas? Why are you here?" Dahlia said as she went so sit up, coughing into her fist.

Jonas rushed to the bedside pouring a glass of water as he pushed it up to her lips. She drank it staring into his eyes, as she thought about everything.

"I brought you here, we got you out of the fire."

"Where's America then?"

"They took her, she distracted them."

Dahlia shocked, sat upright in bed as she tried to get out but groaned. Her body was going through so much pain these days. She needed to end this war between the alphas, one way or another.

"Take me to her." She said sternly.

Jonas couldn't believe what Dahlia was asking of him, to take her to the people that had hurt all of them. He had to understand for her though and nodded without any questions.

He grabbed under her arms and pulled her arm over his shoulder as he lifted her to stand.

"Here take it easy. Ok?"

"Yep." She sighed with an uneasy posture.

Her wolf called to her as she walked out of the pack infirmary hanging onto Jonas's shoulder.

'You miss him don't you?' she said to her wolf, her wolf whined inside as a reply.

'I do too.' Dahlia was ashamed of herself and if her life was to be ended along with this war she would be at peace.

Jonas and she walked side by side for a long time before they met destiny.

***

America wasn't stupid but what she was doing right now would not be extremely ideal either. She knew what she could do. Lie.

"I feel them her, they're in a cave."

The alphas looked to her and sense what she was telling but couldn't figure out if she was lying.

"Ok lead us to it then." Xavier said, staring intensely at her. She nodded, because one step out of line equaled another second of their lives taken away.

She did to this cave a bit further away from town and when she reached there she saw the trap door. This was her only chance, she started to walk slower but Xavier caught it. He too stopped and this was her perfect chance, she kicked him in the back making him fall forward into the cave. She went for Damian but he ended up pushing her back, she rolled down into the cave. Her last sight of the light was when the trap door closed only one other person knew how to open it and only she could open it, Dahlia.

She saw Xavier, furious and standing tall making her cower back.

"You tricked us!" He growled viciously.

"Well what do you propose I should have done? My sister, my best friends and my pack are in danger."

"You think they won't be? Damian is probably searching for your sister right now!"

America huddled up her knees up to her chest and hugged them as she looked for the smallest bit of comfort.

Hours passed and drifted by. The two mates further away from each other as they can, the broken souls refusing to accept the others.

America finally spoke up, "Will this ever end?" Silence answered her. Might as well be talking to herself then.

"If things were different... Would you ever give us a chance?" She heard the tick of his jaw, well better than nothing.

"I thought mates were the greatest thing ever, I thought we were supposed to take care of each other and live for each other but it only seems as though we're living for ourselves. My mother told me that mates would bring us our greatest love and happiness, but why do I only feel pain and sorrow?" A tear leaked out of her eyes, this was good right? She was getting out all the things stuffed in her heart.

"Well you thought wrong." Xavier's dark voice said.

"I and Damian will always be monsters, we're broken and you and your sister cannot fix us."

"You know things didn't have to be this way..." Xavier's stare fell onto her his eyes like a spear as it would puncture by ending her heart.

"If you had just accepted the fact, that I was your mate our packs could have lived in harmony." America's voice drops as her heart. The selection was so simple but he had defined fate that the moon goddess planned.

"Females alphas make a pack weak!" Xavier's voice speaks after a long held silence. America lets out a chuckle, at his stupid little statement it was pathetic. Making Xavier's brows furrow.

"Our pack is one of the strongest in the area, most definitely stronger than yours... Do you know why that is?" America speaks but receiving not a word.

"Because we run our pack with equality of all Genders." America says out of annoyance. Nothing, she was right in every way the biggest different between there packs was that they valued equality for women. But the twins thought otherwise. There was nothing he could say to this but feel a tsunami of emotions drown him.

He hated this girl just as much as he loved her. She had a kind of understated beauty, perhaps it was because she was so disarmingly unaware of her prettiness.

"Did you actually think this is where we were going to end up!?" America laughed to herself, almost sounding like a maniac. Trying to make conversation, the awkwardness was killing her.

When she smiled and laughed you couldn't help but smile along too, even if it was just on the inside. Stop this! Xavier really had to stop doing this she was the enemy. Xavier quickly covered up the hint of a parking smile by rolling his eyes as his eye drifted into the distance. What was he going to do, he was going to lose one way or another he couldn't have the girl he wanted with all his heart even if he seek the power he wanted with whatever was left of him.

***

'Dahlia free the pack before you come looking for me, they're onto you hurry!'

"America"

A/N: Hey guys bit busy with school so sometimes we might update a couple days late. Hope you guys don't give up on our book we love you guys for supporting us and reading. If you could, vote or comment to show us your thoughts and love. Would you still forgive the Alpha males? Tell us down below or give us a little shout on our account. By the way you guys might be saying our names wrong so it's like this, Maham (mar-harm) Vy (Vee). Hoped that helped.

Kisses from Maham and Vy. Xx