Chapter 6: I Kissed Him

Chapter 6

I sat at lunch, still trying to get Marcel to talk. It's been almost twenty minutes now and still nothing. I don't know why he's acting like this, but it's getting annoying.

"Marcel, if you can understand me, hold up your right hand," I told him. He did as I said, so I know he can hear me. Why isn't he answering than? "Okay, so why aren't you answering me"?

"Because I was told if I did on school grounds that I'd get beaten up again!" He screamed, directing the whole room's attention on us.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I whispered after all the eyes had left.

"I didn't want you to know because you'd beat them up," he answered, his eyes falling from mine.

"And that's bad? Marcel, you can't just let these people run over you like a doormat for your whole life. It's miserable, trust me," I said, doing the same thing he did.

"You know about it?" He asked, looking back at me.

I looked back, sighing. "Yes. I got fed up with it in eighth grade and changed everything about myself, except my personality."

"Oh," he simply said.

"Yeah, that's one reason everyone stared at us this morning. Since I was wearing your glasses, they started to remember the old me that I dared not reveal again."

"Why didn't you just tell me?" He asked.

"I don't know, but I just don't want you to have to go down the same road as me. You stay true to yourself no matter what, just don't let them treat you like shit, okay"?

"Okay," he agreed.

"So, if those punks come up to you later, you'll stand up to them?" I asked.

"I don't know..." he spoke quietly, looking down.

"How about this, I'll stick by you all day and if they even dare come towards you, I beat the living shit out them," I said, cracking a smile.

Marcel huffed a laugh, shaking his head and making eye contact with me. His piercing green eyes looked into mine, the glasses not even phasing them. "No, I don't want you to go through that trouble for me."

"I want to, I always have," I said, too honestly.

"If you insist," he said, huffing another small laugh.

We never left each other's eye sight. No matter what happened around us, it was like we were the only two in the world. I felt like we could do anything in the world, so I did the only thing I knew to. I kissed him.

Everyone gasped around us, but I didn't care. I cupped his chin in my hands, his body relaxing from the sudden act. I could tell he had no experience in this, his very slow reactions making that very clear. The table in between us became an obstacle for me, so I got up and pushed it away with my foot. I never broke away from the kiss, it heating up when I sat down on his lap. I started to move my lips up and down, his slowly doing the same. I slid my tongue in his mouth, it connecting with his quickly.

"Miss Coxx, Mr. Styles, stop that this instant!" The principal yelled, pulling us apart. He shoved me off of Marcel, I now standing in front of him.

I wiped my lips, Marcel doing the same. I huffed out with each breath, my chest rising and falling quickly. I saw his doing the same, a smirk spreading across his lips.

"You two, my office, NOW!" Mr. Saylor yelled.

"Yes, sir," we replied, laughing to ourselves. We started to walk, hand in hand down the hall.

"So, what'd ya think of that?" I laughed once we were seated.

"I was shocked, but enjoyed it," Marcel replied.

I started to laugh again but the door swung open. This made me stop instantly, I knew nothing good was coming my way. I didn't care though, I finally got my feelings out to Marcel. That's all I need. That, and Marcel himself.