Chapter 17: Your Relationship With Marcel

Chapter 17

The whole day, Marcel ignored me. The usual. Harry on the other hand, was nice as ever. I wonder why he made me think he was such a sleaze at the beginning... He actually really is a nice guy.

"So, you coming over tonight?" Harry asked as we walked to my locker.

"Yeah, unless Marcel tells me different," I answered.

"Okay, see you at home," he winked, waving and walking away.

"Cya."

I waved and watched as he walked away, all the girls staring at him. He practically was a celebrity in the school, they all loved him. Everyone except the teachers. In today alone, he's already started two fights, not been the best in class, and been caught making out with someone outside. He didn't even know the girl, but she was hot so to him it was a "why not" situation.

"Uh, hey," I heard that voice say.

I turned around and looked at him, his glasses starting to fall. His hair was slicked back as usual, it looking perfectly on him.

"Hey," I smiled. He slightly smiled back, nervousness being evident. "How have you been today"?

"Good, but uh, c-could you not come over tonight? It's f-family night," he stammered, scratching his neck.

"Yeah, that's okay. I need to catch up with Carrie anyway," I lied. I didn't even talk to her anymore, so I doubt she'll want to catch up.

"Okay, I'll s-see you tomorrow"?

"Totally," I smiled, grabbing my bag and heading off. I made sure to wave before leaving, trying to be nice. He waved back, it not like the one that first day. But, than again, it wasn't even him.

***

I laid on my bed, being bored with nothing to do. The only thing I ever found myself doing lately was going to Marcel and Harry's house. I didn't talk to any of my old friends anymore, and I highly doubt any of them would want to anyway.

Just as I thought that, my phone buzzed beside me. I picked it up and looked at the screen, trying not to drop the device on me. It was a text from Harry. I had added his number in my contacts, that's how I know.

"Can u meet me at the park?" it read.

I slid the arrow across the screen, replying to him. "What for"?

"We need to talk."

What is there to talk about?

"Uh, k. B there in 5"

The "seen" thing popped up and he didn't reply. I guess I should go.

I get up and straighten the baggy sweatshirt I was wearing. Who's it was, I don't remember. It was one of my ex's though and he never said he wanted it back, so I kept it and wear it a lot now. I slip on my grey Vans and head out, grabbing my purse and keys.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked, stopping me right at the door.

"The park to meet a friend," I said, hoping she would let me go.

"Okay."

Phew, she did.

I opened the door and ran down the stairs. Mom closed it, saying goodbye to me. I waved while getting in the car, starting it and heading off.

In a few minutes, I had reached the park. I saw Harry's Range Rover and parked beside it, heading down the stairs to the heart of it all. He was sitting on a swing, playing on his phone. I walked up to him and sat in the swing beside him. His eyes lifted up, seeing me he looked up completely.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey, so we need to talk," he said, getting straight to the point.

"So I've heard. What about"?

"Your relationship with Marcel," he said plainly.

I was taken aback by his words. Is he being serious? What about our relationship is there to talk about? Is there something I don't know...