Chapter 24: Don't Leave Me

(Sorry for not updating quickly! It's just cuz of school and stuff, but I have now and I hope you guys like this chapter(: I honestly think this is one of my longest chapters yet haha but hope u guys enjoy!)

Chapter 24

The next day I walked into school very nervous. How was I going to break the news to him? I don't want to have to tell him I don't pick him, but at the same time I need to.

"Hey, Danny!" I hear Sam yell from behind me.

I turn around and see him practically sprinting to get to me. Once he does, he stops for a second to catch his breath but soon comes back to tell me something.

"What is it?" I urge.

"It's Harry and Marcel, come with me," he pants, grabbing my arm and pulling me right back outside.

I don't know what he meant by "it's Harry and Marcel" but I do know that if he's acting like this, it's bad.

When we reach the spot, a crowd of teens had come to watch. I heard the stuttering voice of Marcel say something, but I couldn't understand him from the crowd.

"What did he say?" I ask Sam. He shrugs, so I do the only thing I know to.

Go to him.

"Excuse me," I say multiple times to get to the front. Some people give me looks, but once they see who I am, they let me through.

I finally reach the front, seeing what it's all about. Harry and Marcel stand there in the circle, doing something that I don't know. Harry takes a swing at Marcel's stomach and I see what it was.

I flinch once his fist hits him, making him stumble over and losing his glasses.

"Marcel!" I yelped, not even thinking.

The both of them look my way, staring intently at me. Harry's eyes lighten up and I see the guilt rush thru them, but it only lasts for a short time. And I see Marcel in his hunched position, groping his stomach from the pain. In his eyes were pain and relief at the same time. Maybe he thought since I was here now that he was saved, and I sure as hell hope he is. But knowing Harry, he isn't.

"You came front row to see your little boyfriend get hurt?" Harry teased.

I said nothing back; I didn't know what to say.

"He's your brother, why do that to him?" I yelled, surprising myself.

"Oh, I'm the one hurting him? I guess you haven't told him, have you?" he smirked.

My eyes widened, Marcel's confused. He stood up some, still holding his abdomen from pain.

"What is he talking about?" he questioned.

"Go ahead, tell him!" Harry persisted.

"Tell me what?" Marcel asked, giving me more time to think.

I honestly don't know which to pick now. Harry is an ass, but so what? He's hot, confident, can be sweet, and damn is he a good kisser. But, Marcel is so innocent and sweet. He doesn't do anything bad, and with the whole kissing thing, he's pretty good too. Ugh, why do I have to like the both of them? They both have qualities that I love in a guy, but there's two of them.

Why can't they just be one person so this wouldn't happen?

"Are you going to tell him or not?" Harry yelled.

"I can't! I don't know which one of you I want, okay?" I snapped back at him.

I can't take having to chose, but I know I have to. I have to pick one of the two, and this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. Ever.

"You were going to pick him?" Marcel chocked, snapping me out of thought.

"Yeah, she was and you would be alone yet again," Harry laughed.

By this time, I had walked up to the two, and the crowd had grown.

"No, you don't know that, Harry!" I screamed.

"Oh, I don't? Then who were you going to pick?" he replied, folding his arms.

I looked at the both of them and couldn't talk. Yes, I was going to pick Harry, but I don't know why. I did at the time, but now, I'm questioning my choice.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, my head falling down.

Just as if on cue, the principle comes into the scene.

"Let me through!" she screamed, everyone realizing it's her and letting her through. When she reaches the front, I can hear her foot tapping on the concrete. "What is going on here"?

I look up at her and frown even more. She glances towards me, eyeing Harry and Marcel afterwards.

"My office, now," she commanded.

I do as she says quickly, Marcel doing the same. I could tell Harry wasn't coming; his boots made no noise.

"Mr. Styles," she said, confirming my assumption.

I turned around to look at him, and his eyes caught mine. His feet soon followed.

"As for the rest of you, I better see every classroom full in the next three minutes." I could here the stubbornness in her voice. She is pissed.

I pass Sam on my way in, and he just stares at me. I look away quickly and continue inside.

When I reach her office, I go in and sit down in front of the desk. Marcel sits beside me, Harry on the other side.

"What the hell was that back there?" I yelled before she came in.

"I don't even know, ask him," Marcel replied.

"Well"?

Before Harry could answer, the principle walks in. She basically just saved his sorry ass.

She sat down in front of us and folded her hands. She really looks pissed...

"Excuse my language, but what the hell was that all about? You two are brothers, and I honestly would expect more from you Marcel. As for you, Harry, I've not heard the best things about you," she began, narrowing out the two.

"Mrs. Lovin, it honestly wasn't anything. Harry and I had just been talking and he yelled something, attracting the crowd. Nothing happened," Marcel spoke up.

"That's not what I heard when I was sent over," she said.

"That's because I showed up," I interrupted.

"And why did you?" she inquired.

"My friend told me they were out there, so I had to go. I honestly didn't want either one of them hurt," I told her.

"Trust me, I wouldn't have been hurt," Harry huffed. "I mean, look at him. He's a toothpick." I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. He noticed and huffed out a small laugh.

"Mr. Styles, that was not necessary," Mrs. Lovin told him.

"Whatever," he scowled.

She brushed off his fowl behavior and focused on Marcel and I.

Honestly, I don't get why Harry is acting this way. I really haven't seen him this bad before, but who knows, maybe this is the real him and he's just been hiding it.

"Danielle, did you hear me?" Mrs. Lovin said, taking me from thought.

I look back at her and am confused. "Huh"?

"I told you to please step out while I talk to these to," she said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, yes ma'am," I replied, quickly leaving the room.

I stand outside her door, trying to hear what she says. It's no use though because these walls are very thick. Soon I decide to sit down on the floor, watching the blank wall in front of me.

It takes so long for them to finish, I almost fall asleep. The class bell rings, waking me up, so I'm still stuck sitting here.

I've already missed one period, and will most likely miss the next. This is horrible...

"Hey," I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up at the boy, his varsity jacket looking too big for him.

"What do you want, Brad?" I snarl.

"To know why little miss perfect is outside the principle's office," he smirked.

I stand up, looking slightly upward to see his face. "None of your fucking business," I snap, gritting my teeth.

"Whatever, but if you want a real man to take care of you, give me a call," he laughed, walking away.

"If I'm not mistaken, I think you're the one who needs taking care of," I yelled.

He stopped in his tracks, turning back on his heels. Oh shit.

"What did you just say," he snarled, walking back to me.

"I said you're the one who needs care," I smirked, not showing my fear.

"Listen here, bitch, I don't need someone to take care of me!" Brad yelled, making infuses on the bitch.

"Sure," I slurred, rolling my eyes.

Man...today just isn't my day is it? I can not keep my damn mouth shut.

"You're gonna regret that," he snapped, walking off again.

What the hell? He didn't want to fight? Unusual.

Right then, the boys come out of the office. Marcel looks scared to death, and Harry, lets just say, doesn't.

"That took long enough," I said.

"Y-you have n-no idea," Marcel stuttered, shaking like he was cold.

"What's the matter with him?" I asked Harry as we started to walk. The hall was now empty, thank The Lord.

"You have no idea what Mrs. Lovin did to him," he laughed. "She told him that since he was caught in a fight, he was suspended for three days."

"What?" I screamed, my voice echoing. Harry laughed even harder, Marcel not even acknowledging us.

"Oh, and us too," he said through the laughs.

"What?" I yelled again. For some reason, this is funny to him because he laughs even more.

"C'mon, we gotta get our stuff," he said, stopping his laughing.

I followed him to our lockers, Marcel standing nearby.

I feel bad for him, honestly. He has never been suspended before in his life, and now, in his last year of high school, he does. I think the worst part of it for him is that it shows up on his record.

Once I grab my things, I turn around to him, "It'll be okay, Marcel," He quickly smiles in response. "It will, I promise." This time I lean in and kiss him on the cheek.

Somehow that gets him out of his funk. He stops shaking, and doesn't just stare ahead of himself. His eyes then find mine and he opens his mouth to say something, but Harry cuts him off.

"Why'd you kiss him?" he asked, seeming mad.

"I thought it'd help him," I replied, looking at him and then back to Marcel.

He smiles at me, and walks off to his locker. I look at Harry and nod my head towards Marcel, signaling we should follow.

"C'mon."

He shakes his head, not budging. I decide to take ahold of his arm and pull him down the hall. That plan works for about a second.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked, my voice raised more than I expected.

"I'm not going," he simply answered.

"You confuse me," I said, walking away from him.

"Wait! Wait.." he yelled, trailing off towards the end.

This made me stop. I turned around and looked at him, his face full of regret.

"Don't leave me," he mumbled, I barely hearing.