Chapter 8: It's Okay, Danny

Chapter 8

After about an hour of working, Marcel and I became tired of it so we stopped. We got some snacks, and are now sitting on the couch. I flip through all the channels, not finding a single thing to watch.

"Oh! C-can we watch this?" Marcel spoke up. He had stopped me on Sex In The City.

"You like this?" I asked, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Uh, yeah," he blushed, scratching his neck.

"That's cool. I didn't know guys liked this show," I smiled.

"Well, now you know one," he said happily, pointing to himself with a giant smile. I laughed at his gesture, it being cute as ever.

As the show played on, I found myself scooting closer and closer to Marcel. Inch by inch, I found my way over. I stopped just as our hands slightly touched, both of us looking down.

"Sorry," we both apologized simultaneously.

I looked up at him, our faces only inches from each other. His eyes looked down at into mine, the height difference having a play in this. I felt my lips curve upward slightly, a small smile spreading across them.

"C-could I, um, kiss you?" he asked, still looking me dead in the eye.

I wanted more than anything to yes, it almost coming out, but my mom entering the room stopped me.

"Danny, I'm - oh, who's this?" she said, walking in.

As soon as she did, Marcel and I broke eye contact. We both looked down nervously, but I knew I had to answer my mom.

"This is Marcel. He's my partner in this project we're doing for history class," I told her.

"Nice to meet you, Marcel. I'm Ms. Coxx, but you can call me Melissa," she said, stepping towards us and stretching out her hand. He took it, shaking her hand firmly with a smile. "I'm guessing you all have already done your work for today"?

"Yeah, we just finished," I said.

"Okay, I'll be in my room if you need me. Oh, and Marcel don't you try anything."

"Mom!" I yelled, repeating Marcel's tone from yesterday. She was gone before she could reply, but I could see her eyes roll.

"Embarrassing now, isn't it?" Marcel joked.

"Shut up," I laughed, slapping his arm.

We began to laugh together, I getting to the point I fall over. I land in his lap, our laughs stopping suddenly. I looked up at him, shocked being the expression I get.

"Umm, sorry," I gushed, getting back up.

"No, it's okay," he quickly said. He put his hand on my stomach, slightly pushing, signaling to me he wanted me to lie back down. "I like it."

I did what he wanted and laid my head back down, looking up at him again. I could see the dimples start to creep up, a smile slowly forming on his lips. I tickled his stomach, making it grow quicker. We both started to laugh again, but he stopped as quickly as he started. That's when it hit me, I was tickling the spot Brad had kicked him in.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I gushed, sitting back up. I watched his arms clutch the spot, pain rushing over his face.

"N-no it's okay," he stammered.

"No it isn't."

He looked up at me, straightening his face the best he could. "It's okay, Danny. Just could I have some ice for it"?

"Sure, I'll be right back," I answered. I practically ran to the kitchen, opening the freezer with a baggie in hand. I grabbed as much ice as I thought would fit, took a towel from the counter, and ran back in the room covering the ice with it. "Here."

Marcel took the ice bag and put it on the spot, slowly returning to himself. I had bent down to his level, waiting for him to feel better.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot all about it," I told him, the pain seeming to disappear.

"It's okay, I told you that."

I sighed heavily and nodded. "Okay..."