Chapter 25: Thinking Of His Brother

Chapter 25

I couldn't answer him. What could I say? I do the only thing I could think of and walk away.

Marcel is by his locker, gathering his stuff.

"Hey," he smiled. I faintly smiled back, leaning on the locker beside his. "What's the matter"?

"Nothing," I lied.

Honestly, there really wasn't anything wrong I just was sad. I guess that's because I left Harry standing there, but I didn't know what else to do.

Marcel looked at me, noticing I was lying but brushing it off.

"You ready to leave?" he asked.

I nodded and took his hand, walking out of the school building not to return for three days.

"Where do you want to go?" I questioned.

"The old m-mill?" he answered, it sounding more like a question.

"Sure," I smiled as I hopped into the driver side.

Marcel got into the passenger and buckled up, I doing the same. I started the car and within no time we were at the mill.

"Where'd Harry go?" Marcel asked as we pulled up.

I shrugged in response, not really wanting to talk about him. "Guess he was still at school."

The thought of him stung me, I not knowing the reason.

Harry's POV

She just left me. That hurt. I get that I have problems and I get that sometimes I'm not the best person to be around, but, to be honest, I love her.

She loves him though. I can tell. No matter what goes on, she still goes to him. I'm happy for him though because I always do this. I always take the person he loves, and I need to stop.

I know exactly what I need to do. Leave. So, that's exactly what I will do. I'm going to leave, and never come back. I've done enough damage here anyway.

Danny's POV

Within an hour, Marcel and I had decided to leave. We weren't there long but it was enough time. I got the fresh air that I desperately needed, and I think Marcel enjoyed having me back. I did too, to be honest. I still couldn't help but think of Harry at least a little. I mean, I completely left the guy standing there after practically begging me to stay. Wouldn't you feel like shit too?

"How about we grab a slice?" I asked, trying to distract myself from thinking of him.

"That sounds great! I haven't eaten all day!" Marcel cooed, leaving me to giggle as I climbed into the car.

"We both haven't," I said, still laughing a little.

As we both got buckled up, I turned on the car and then the radio. We both agreed on a channel and I exited the small parking lot.

A familiar song started to play and I payed close attention to it.

Sometimes I hate every, single stupid word you say
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face (Whoa-Oh-Oh)
There's no one quite like you, you push all my buttons down
I know life would suck without you (Whoa-Oh-Oh)

The song began. I love P!nk but never thought this song would have any significance to me. Damn.

You're an asshole, but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself

"Why I'm still here, or where could I go?"
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you
So much I think it must be

True love, true love, it must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like
True love, true love, it must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you

The song continued and soon, I found myself pulling to the side of the road.

"What's the matter?" Marcel asked, concern overflowing in his eyes.

I couldn't answer. If he knew the reason, I'd be devastating him to say the least.

"Nothing, just got dizzy. Could you drive from here?" I lied, looking at his concerned face.

"Oh, totally!" he agreed, believing me.

We got out and switched seats, I turning off the radio when I get in. I can't listen to that anymore.

Even when I try, I still think about him. I don't want to though. I want to think about Marcel and how fucking sweet he is. Not about Harry and how fucking annoying he can be.

He seemed so sad when I wanted to leave, though. It was probably just an act he was playing so he could get me away from Marcel yet again. But it didn't work, I'm not letting it ever again.

Marcel is the one I love, not Harry. Even if we've had a bunch of shit happen. It was mostly his fault though, so I blame it on him- WAIT.

What the hell am I doing?!

Don't. Think. About. Him.

I mentally try to distract myself from him, it working till I see a black Range Rover drive past us. I stare into it, trying to see if it's him, but I couldn't tell.

Wherever they were going though, it was as if they needed to leave. Like, now.

"D-Danny?" I heard an all-too-familiar voice speak up.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, still looking out the window.

"A-are you alright? You don't seem too f-focused right now. N-need me to take you home"? He sounded so concerned about me, and nervous. And I knew he was.

"No, I'm fine. Just got lost in thought, I guess," I told him. At least this time I didn't completely lie. I only left out the part where I was thinking of his brother.

"You sure? How about we go to my place and just order pizza," he suggested.

I liked that idea.