Chapter 26: Always Be There

Chapter 26

When we get to his house, I notice that Anne is sitting on the porch. She looks like she's crying, but why?

When Marcel parks the car, we get out and he rushes to her side.

"What is it?" he asks.

She looked up at him then to me as I walked up the steps. "Why? Why?!" she yelled at me.

This confused me. What did I do? "What do you mean?" I asked.

"He left because of you! The son I just got back left because of you and your stupid feelings!" she answered.

Wait, he left? So that was Harry we passed. I evidently still looked confused because she continued.

"He thought you loved him! He loved you, but he realized you loved Marcel more. That's why he left"!

I looked away from her to Marcel, sitting on the swing by her side. He looked sad, as if he knew what I was going to do. But the thing is, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Should I go after him? Or should I stay here to comfort Anne? Or should I stay to be with Marcel? Or should I just leave completely? Never to talk any of them again...

"Go," Marcel whispered.

"What?" I asked him, knowing what he meant but wanting him to say it.

"Go after him, I know you love him more than me," he continued.

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do. I see the way you l-look at him. You never look at m-me that way. You obviously love him m-more," he explained, as if it were true.

Maybe at some point it was, but now I know it isn't. Harry leaving might have been the best thing that could've happened. Maybe him leaving, gave me the chance to actually figure out who I do love. Who I love to the point I may want to spend the rest of my life with.

And that isn't Harry. It's Marcel.

Yes, Harry may be the bad boy who everyone is scared of yet is infatuated with at the same time, but Marcel is so smart and could do anything he wanted to. Harry, I know couldn't. Maybe if he actually cared, he could. But I don't ever see him being successful in life. I can see Marcel doing that though, because he cares. He actually studies and does what he's supposed to. He would be a good father someday, good husband too. But Harry would probably leave the minute his wife was pregnant. He couldn't provide for his family, but Marcel could.

"No, I'm sorry, Ms. Styles, but I can't get him back. It would just hinder everything from working out the way they should. He would mess up how much I love Marcel, and the fact I may want to spend the rest of my life with him. I truly am sorry though, I can only imagine how it is for you to lose a son, especially for the second time. I do love Harry, I do, just not in that way," I finally spoke up.

I saw her face slowly calm, her tears stopping. "You love him that much?" she asked, holding Marcel's hand tighter.

"Yes, ma'am."

She turned her attention to Marcel. He looked probably as confused as I was earlier.

"Y-you love m-me?" he stuttered.

I smiled, softly giggling. I feel like this has happened before, and I know that it has. He never really can grasp the fact I love him. But I do. I really do.

"Yes, Marcel, of course I do. I have since the beginning."

He stood up from the swing, practically running to me. In an instant, he took my face into his hands and kissed me. It stunned me at first, but it only took a second for me to respond. I took him by the neck, trying ever so much to pull him closer to me. I never wanted this to end, but I knew at some point I would have to let go.

He may act like a lost child, not realizing how loved he really is, but I know that deep down he really understands it. He knows how much I love him, and he always will. Because I'll always be there to remind him.

THE END

----------------

A/N: so that's it! It's over(: she chose Marcel over Harry!

I hope you guys liked it, though I know it was short. I just had to update and this is what came to mind(:

Love you guys so much and thanks to all of you for reading! Check out some of my other stuff if you want! Xx