Why I Write

I write to escape. I write to be trapped. I write to emit the gray of the world hidden beneath the color. I write to understand. I write to lose myself. I write to fight my demons, and fight for battles lost prior. I write to honor words. I write to honor silence. I write to be myself. I write to run away from things that I do not understand. I write to survive the bad days. I write to survive the good ones. I write to feel human and sometime I write like I'm dead. I write for the memories. I write to forget. I write to numb the pain. I write to pour acid on wounds fresh and old. I write to create unimaginable possibilities. I write for closure. I write to understand all my questions which have never been answered. I write to show emotion. I write to show feelings. I write to sing without a voice. I write when I'm lonely. I write when I crave affection. I write when ecstatic. I write in darkness, in hope to locate that passage of light. I write to ignore the voices screaming at me from within. I write to keep myself from making bad decisions. I write because I don't understand myself, and to unroll this complex knot which is Kayla. I write for the attention I will never seek. I write for the experiences I will never have. I write to mend the heart that he broke. I write because writing makes sense. I write to be saved. I write to tarnish others. I write knowing that words hurt. I write knowing that all worlds have power. I write when I don't feel good enough. I write when I feel as if I'm falling. I write because I believe words can change the world. I write because I know words can also end it.

I write to get out the words that nobody has time to listen to me say.