The Water Gem - Chapter 2

Peridot arrived to her astronomy class early.. she never liked being late. Then again it was also a plus so she could have extra time admiring her professor Yellow Diamond. But anyways.~ Peridot looked at the clock. 9:30, Great, another two hours and thirty minutes till she misses any valuable knowledge about what the heck a logarithm is. She wrote down her notes for the class. As the bell rang she gathered her things together for her algebra class. People walked past her in the hallway. Peridot was never the type to notice anyone.. she just stuck to her schoolwork and kept to herself, that is until jasper broke the barrier. She saw someone with blue hair pass by, she didn't really see her completely though considering how fast she was going.. she seemed in a hurry. 11:55 . CRAP. Peridot raised her hand quickly to be 'dismissed' nyeheh. She then hurried to meet jasper and her other two friends... Ruby and amethyst. Why does everyone have to be named after a type of rock in this country? "hey Peridot!" amethyst exclaimed. "shhhhhh someone will hear us" jasper scolded her. "oh yea. heh." Ruby remained quiet but eager to go for a swim in the schools indoor pool. I greeted them as we went inside. The lights were turned off but i could hear footsteps as we walked in. "uh.." "OOoOo a spooky ghost" Jasper and Amethyst both teased me as they turned on the lights. "wow really mature guys." i said. "Well lets get cracking then! come on go get into your bathing suits." Ruby finally spoke. I went into the locker room they had and took off my clothes revealing my green, two piece bathing suit. I usually don't like showing skin but, Oh well im feeling brave today. I looked into the mirror near the exit of the room. Hmm im pretty skinny and flat but i gotta admit.. my butt does look good from this angle. She turned sideways looking into the mirror. "Uh, who are you?" an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind Peridot. "GAH!" Peridot quickly turned around to see a girl with dark blue hair and a blue one piece swimsuit on. Even her eyes are light blue.. im guessing that's her favorite color? "I'm Lapis, Lapis Lazuli... what are you doing here?" "uuh.. i'm Peridot.. my friends forced me to ditch class and swim with them... what about you?" Peridot seemed suspicious but also really nervous too. "oh, i'm just practicing swimming .. im kinda on the swim team." "oh, ok" Peridot didn't know what to do now. "ill swim with you guys if yo-" she was cut off by jasper yelling for Peridot "hey! whats taking you so long! Get out here!" "uh.sure you can come swim with us." They both walked out to see jasper leaned against the side of the pool. "whoa who's this? Is this why you took so long?" she gestured to Lapis and snorted "get em gurl." The others snickered with her. Lapis blushed while Peridot was quick to correct them. "nO.. she just happened to be in there while i was changing .. shes on the swim team." "yea that doesn't help your case, squirt. Well hello there~ whats your name?" she asked, turning to the blue haired girl. "uh.. its Lapis" she said uncomfortably. "You guys gonna swim or what?" ruby yelled.

                                                                        ---------Time Skip--------

Lapis was walking with Peridot as they left college. "Your friends are weird." she said. "your telling me." i snickered. They got to warm up to each other swimming, mainly because her other friends kept harassing her but... Lapis liked Peridot out of all of them. "so what classes do you have?" Lapis asked. "oh i mainly take astronomy, math and engineering. What about you?" " i take marine biology , science , art, and of course you know, swimming." she replied cooly.  "yea.. so do you have a dorm?" "No actually, i haven't had the chance to get one.." There was an awkward silence "i know you just met me but, you could be my room mate if you would like.." Peridot quickly said. "sure. Why not? We could get to know each other better that way.. you seem cool." Lapis smiled softly.  Peridot blushed. cool? wow she obviously doesn't know me. "heh, thanks.. you too." Peridot awkwardly replied. She arrived at her dorm flopping down on the twin bed she had. Whoa. An actual friend that doesn't seem like a douche, nice.. she started to chuckle slightly into the covers. She realized something "SHIT" I HAVEN'T CLEANED THIS PLACE IN LIKE YEARS, two months and four days to be exact... close enough. She panicked, rushing to pick up all the mess she had in her room, empty mountain dew cans, chips, scattered clothing. Great.. this is gonna take forever. 5 hours later, "phew, all clean.. mostly" She said back in her bean bag chair ready to relax. I really need a shower.