The Sleepover pt. 2 - Chapter 5

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. Peridots alarm clock woke her and lapis up at the same time. Peridot tried to get up but noticed Lapis was still on her. Lapis came to her senses and realized she was cuddling Peridot. They both stared at eachother for an awkward period of time, until Lapis jumped up and apologized quickly to Peri. "i'm so sorry i didn't mean to... sometimes i'm clingy in my sleep.." Lapis blushed and looked away. "N-no.. it's fine. Really." Lapis looked back at Peridot still blushing. "Oh.. ok." Peridot got up and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and fix her hair, as well as Lapis , still flustered from what happened, getting her stuff ready to leave. 6:45. CRAP we have school today!? Peridot quickly threw on a clean hoodie and sweatpants and ran out the bathroom to grab her books for class . Lapis sat on the bed waiting for Peridot. "Do you know we have school today?" "Oh yea.. i was just waiting for you to get ready." Lapis replied. "oh im sorry i forgot." Peridot and Lapis walked out of the dorm and headed to school. The walk was awkward the whole way through but they managed to get there just in time for class. Peridot walked into her science class and sat in the back. Ms.Blue lectured from the bottom of the room, "or their satellites are required for life to originate and evolve. Thus, in order to understand the possible distribution of life in the Universe it is important to study planet formation and.." Peridot began to zone out. How is this Lazulis favorite professor? I heard ruby saying to the others how much of a teacher's pet sapphire was.. but wow. " Evidence can also be seen in the many examples of ongoing planet formation in nearby regions of our galaxy. Finally.." Thank god this is ending soon. I'm dying. Ms. Diamond is way more interesting than this. The bell rang when Peridot grabbed her stuff ready to leave. Sapphire tapped Peridot on the shoulder before she left the class. "So i heard about that Lapis girl you met." How does she know everything?! Ruby must have told her. They tell each other EVERYTHING. "oh.. yea.. she's nice.." " i'll talk to her for you." sapphire always sounds cold and mysterious. How did she even get with ruby in the first place? "What do you m-" Before Peridot could say anything sapphire left class before she knew it leaving her alone in the class. Weird. Peridot made her way to Ms. Diamonds class. Peridot couldn't pay attention to Ms. Diamond no matter how hard she tried. What did Sapphire mean 'i'll talk to her for you'? Two more hours until it's time to head back to the dorm.  Lunch Time. Peridot headed to the cafeteria with jasper and her friends at her side. The school's cafeteria was so huge it was hard to ever be cramped. White tiled floors, Bright fluorescent lights, grey, round tables placed generously around the room. I wonder what their having today. Peridot walked into the line followed by jasper and ruby. Amethyst wasn't here today for some reason. There were a couple classes already sat down, eating. I grabbed my tray and went to sit down with jasper and ruby. "How was class? I asked jasper. She nodded taking a bite out of her sandwich and swallowed. "Yea, it was ok considering i hate school so.." "Oh, same with me..uh." i replied as  i noticed a certain blue girl sitting at the table across from us. Lapis made awkward eye contact with her and looked away quickly. Why is she avoiding me? It wasn't that embarrassing was it? "Yo Peri? You dead?" Ruby said. Peridot snapped out of it. "Wh-what? No.." Peridot focused her attention on the girls in front of her. Jasper looked toward the direction Peridot was looking and noticed a familiar girl sitting alone. She chuckled. "Hm... How come your not hanging out with your girlfriend over there, huh? Jasper had a shit-eating grin on her face. "... shes not my girlfriend, jasper. Just something awkward happened and i guess we are ...avoiding each other..??" Peridot said quietly. "OOooOo.. and what 'awkward' thing are we talking about here?" Peridot blushed. "N-nothing!" "I find that hard to believe." Jasper said bluntly. "did you guys, you know," Jasper made a motion with her fists, banging them together. Peridot gasped. "WHAT!? NO." Peridot quickly got up from the table and went to sit down with Lapis. Oh.My.God. I cant stand being asked these weird questions. "H-hi." Lapis said noticing the blond girl in front of her. She looked angry. "are .. you mad about what happened?.." Lapis blushed. Peridot realized her expression didn't change and quickly calmed herself. "No its totally fine. I'm ok with it, its just my .. friend" I don't know why i even bother calling her that anymore. "asked me embarrassing questions so i left." "Oh.. so is it ok if i come over again?..... After school? My mom said its ok with her." Peridot blushed again. "Y-yea.. that's ok with me.." Lapis smiled brightly. "Awesome. Well i got to get to class now. See you Perihot." Lapis quickly left the cafeteria giggling. "ok! see ya!" .... Wait.. What did she call me? Peridots face burned again...