The Dorm- The Water Gem Chapter 3

---- this is a short chapter but i'm just too  anxious to get this out and ya know whats better than having a whole chapter about having a sleep over? Right? *sweats* I hope you guys like it!-----

The next week. Peridot just got out of class and was ready to walk home in the rain but was tapped on the shoulder by a familiar hand. "Lapis?" Peridot began as she lifted her hoodie on her head. "It's me.~" lapis smiled warmly. Gosh that smile. Wait. Peridot began to blush. "what do you want?" She pulled out a blue umbrella. Whats with this girl and blue?? "you look like you need some help, you're seriously gonna walk in this rain?" she chuckled. "What can i say, it's a free shower." Lapis laughed at that. "i don't really think your hoodie is gonna work very well, so how far away is your dorm?" Lapis asked as crossing the soaked street with Peridot. "uh, it's about a 15 minute walk. Why?" "oh, i thought maybe i could come and check it out and stuff so i can get an idea of where i'm gonna put my stuff... and plus i don't want you to get drenched after all." Thats right. I almost forgot she was moving in with me. Peridot blushed slightly. Good thing i cleaned up the other night. "Oh yea! Ok that's fine with me." "great." The rest of the walk to peridots dorm was just casual talk.. what's your favorite animal..Lapis' was a whale.. of course it was. What's your favorite food? You guessed it. Sushi. "welp, we're here" Peridot scrambled in her pockets for her keys. "here, ta daaa, " she opened her dorm room revealing twin beds on each side of the room and a game system accompanying a blue bean bag chair at the back of the room. Small kitchen to the left. Bathroom to the right. "it looks really nice peridot." Lapis said as they walked in "oh you should see it in a few weeks" peridot scoffed. Lapis giggled, "Oh its fine, my little brother, Steven always leaves a mess for me to clean up later." "ohh i didn't know you had a brother." "Yep, he's pretty kind for the most part though." "Nice." Peridot replied. Peridot sat on her bed, "so do you have what you need now lazuli" Peridot playfully said. Lapis laughed, "well ye-" she was cut off by her phone ringing. "Hold on a sec." Lapis pulled out her phone and put it to her ear. "yes?" Peridot tried to act casual and try to listen in on who it was. Nope. I should have cleaned out my damn ears. "oh, uh yea i think it might be okay...see ya." There was an awkward silence. "Uh peridot." Peridot got nervous all of a sudden by lapis' change of tone. "yes..?" Lapis blushed. "my mom said she won't be able to pick me up till tomorrow and my house is like an hour away if i walk and i don't have my keys so i was just wondering if you don't mind could i spend the night until she can pick me up?" Lapis said as quick as she could. Peridot processed this. "ohh don't worry its ok, you can stay." Peridot said. "Oh! Thank you!" Lapis went to hug Peridot. ahgg.. Peridot went blank as she was squeezed. Human contact give me anxiety... she thought. "no problem, Lapis."