.3.

The next morning I put on a dress that goes to my knees a white cardigan and black ballet flats. I drop off my bag in my locker and I see Ethan.

"Hello." Ethan said.

"Hey you look nice today." Grayson says joining the conversation. He walks up to Ethan and I.

"Dressing up for anybody?"Grayson asked.

Did I look dressed up?

"No this is causal." I laugh looking at my attire.

"Oh uh, sorry." Grayson apologizes scratching the back of his neck neck.

"Way to be rude Gray." Scolded Jack walking up to us three in the hallway.

"Well I think she looks pretty." Hayes complimented coming up from behind me.

"Looks like we're all here don't need to call role." Said Jack and we all laughed.

"Tonight there is a party wanna go with-"

"Us." Hayes snaps glaring at Jack.

My first party this school year. "Sure what subject are we learning?" I said cheerfully.

Hayes laughs. "What are you talking about?"

I stop smiling. "Did you not here me." I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"No I heard you but we don't study at parties." He chuckles.

"We party." Spoke Ethan.

"Ahh my mother told me about those kind of American parties, I'm not aloud at those."

"What why." Said all of them frowning.

"I don't have time to party or parties in that matter." I explain.

"Do you always do what your mom says?" Ethan questions.

Do I?

"No I don't." I say straightening my posture.

"Whatever you say." Said Ethan.

We stood there for a moment waiting for what the other person was going to say. I start to walk away.

Hayes turns and looks at me. "Wait where are you going?"

"Going to look around the school that's all."

"You probably want someone to protect you, there's a lot of creeps here. Do you want me to come?"

"Uh sure." I respond and Hayes scurries over to my leaving the guys in the dust.

Hayes stuffs his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Now we have some time alone." I eye him weirdly but then smile. We walk up the stairs to the roof top.

"Feels nice to get some fresh air it doesn't smell like a mix of perfume with cologne." He commented looking out into the town.

"Yeah it can get pretty overwhelming." I respond.

"So I'm guessing you played it safe all your life?" Hayes asks and I start to laugh.

"Wow how could you tell, how could anyone tell," I look down at myself muttering the last part.

I feel him look over at me. "You're different Genevieve, you're not like most girls here."

"Yeah way different." I mumble extending the A.

It went quite as we were enjoying each other's company. "Hey when's your free period." He piped up.

"8th." I spoke.