Chapter 8

**Edited by Adelina Clonts aka Seawriter**

"The Rented Husband"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

 Chapter 8

Brody walked into his apartment and lightly tossed his keys on the bar.Walking towards the refrigerator, he jerked it open and after a moment of taking inventory he reached for the milk.Popping off the lid and lifting the whole gallon up to his mouth, he took several large gulps before re-capping it and placing it back into the refrigerator, then closing the door.

Going through his mail, his thoughts flitted back to the highly amusing encounter he had with Olivia earlier this afternoon back in her office.A slow grin spread on his face as he recalled the memory.There was just something about that woman that made him want to tease her.He liked seeing her when she was all hot and bothered and was actually looking forward to their little meeting later tonight.It was sure to be an experience of sorts.

Ms. Olivia Murray was a feisty little thing which was partly why she was such a damn good attorney and he could only imagine how that fiery temper of hers would transfer into the bedroom.He bet she was one of those that liked to take control there too and he was more than willing to hand the reins over to her and let her lead them to oblivion.

Whoa, what am I thinking? Brody suddenly asked himself knowing that he needed to quickly derail this line of thinking.Tossing his mail back on the counter,he frowned at where his thoughts seemed to be so determined to take him.He most definitely did not want to be going down that road, especially with Olivia Murray.She was his co-worker and when all was said and done he would have to face her day after day.Even more importantly, sexual tension would not suit well for professionalism between the two of them.

They had made a deal.A deal that they both would surely benefit from if all went according to plan.It was a good deal and all he had to do was play a part.Once it was finished, then they would go back to just being plain old co-workers once again.They had to maintain a civility between them and that was it, nothing more.

Feeling a little better about the situation, Brody started to strip off his clothing as he headed off to take a shower.They would put on their little show and that would be it.Liv would finally get her family off of her back and his mom would get the asinine notion of him marrying some high maintenance debutante out of her mind too.Simple, right?

*************************

Olivia walked into her condo with a six pack of Coor’s light tucked under one arm and her brief case in the other.She must have lost her damn mind for agreeing to meet with the notorious Brody O‘Connor tonight, she mused, in her apartment no less.

Shaking her head she awkwardly fumbled with the lights, flipping them all on as she headed for the kitchen.Dropping the beer on the table and then laying the brief case beside it, she blew out a tired breath that ruffled the bangs on her forehead.

How can one man have the capacity to irritate her so easily on every level that he always seems to do?Well that’s an easy answer, she surmised.It’s because that one man happens to be Brody O’Connor, playboy extraordinaire!

You think I'm sexy, you think I'm hot, you enjoyed my kiss, he says,-- I don’t think so.The man was delusional, that’s what he was.

He also had an ego,the size of the Titanic and Olivia had just the thing to sink that ship before it ever even began to sail.She felt pretty good about the few pot shots she had gotten off him earlier today.His toes were still probably feeling the wrath of her high heels.