Chapter 20

**Edited by krisgree***

“The Rented Husband”

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 20

                Olivia closed her eyes and covered them with her hand for good measure.  If she hadn’t seen it for herself; she would have never believed it.  “Please tell me that I’m hallucinating,” she mumbled lowly.

                Brody chuckled humorously, his body quaking with laughter.  “I don’t think so babe.  I believe this may be the real deal.”

                She carefully opened her fingers and bravely peeked through them at the group of elderly people whom were playing shuffle board just across the way; confirming that she was in fact not hallucinating.

                “Oh dear God,” she whispered, swiftly turning around and burying her face into Brody’s chest.  “Where in the bejesus are their clothes?”

                Brody didn't really have an answer for that one.  He wrapped an arm around Olivia and took a sweeping glance at the group standing in front of them thinking about what a fine mess they got themselves into this time.  

                Nudists.   He scratched at his head with his free hand and pasted a stiff smile on his face.  "Well Liv," he said, then stated the obvious; "I suppose that they’re wearing their birthday suits."

                He felt her head lift up under his chin and glanced down at her.  Her eyes told him that she was not finding his attempt at humor funny at this very moment but hell, he didn't know what else to do.  Twelve elderly people were scattered around playing shuffle board in the buff and they were doing it as if it was the most natural thing in the world. 

                "Look at that; isn't that just the sweetest thing," Lara said; walking up behind them.  "You two are just so adorable."  Lara turned to the group.  "Mable, Edith," she called.  "We found ourselves some newlyweds."

                One of the women who was rather tall with a touch graying hair mixed in with her darker locks and an unusually long nose turned to Olivia and Brody and placed her hand on hip.  "Now Lara Ann, what in the world have you done gone and done?"  She was already walking in their direction before Lara had a chance to say a word.

                "I imagine that two love birds like this would much rather be in a more private setting enjoying the wonderlands of each other than here with a bunch of washed up busy bodies like us."

                Brody felt Liv's hand tighten against his shirt and struggled to reign in his laughter.  This was getting to be a little too much for even him.  He glanced over at the taller lady that had joined them, not sure if this was Edith or Mable.  But he made damn sure that his eyes stayed on that beak of hers.  "Miss-" he started.

                "Nope," she cut in smartly.  "I ain't no Miss," she informed him.  "Edith, just call me Edith."

                "Okay," Brody drawled and dug deep to put on his good old southern gentlemanly charm.  With one arm still fastened around Olivia, he held out his free hand to the lady.  "Edith," he smiled and she took his hand.  Brody lifted it to his mouth and true to his heritage he brought her hand to his mouth and laid a gentlemanly kiss on it.  

                "Oh," she gasped and quickly pulled her hand away, giggling like a forlorn school girl.  Satisfied with the reaction, he felt a little more confident about the situation.  Well, as confident as he could be surround by a bunch of naked old people.