Chapter 25

**Edited by krisgee**

 “The Rented Husband”

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 25

                Olivia froze at the sound of the woman’s scream.  She was positively shell shocked.  Poised on the edge of the bed with her shirt perched just above her perky breast with nipples standing at full attention from Brody‘s touch, she couldn‘t make her body move for anything.  She could only stare blank faced into the strange woman’s frightened face while awkwardly trying to cover her nakedness. 

                And it couldn’t be just any woman, no, that would be too easy.  Her brief glance over at the night table beside the bed revealed the lady’s Holy Bible and the chair beside it held her neatly folded habit.  She was a nun.

                Brody jumped up, pulling a dumbfounded Olivia up with him.  “I’m so, so sorry ma’am.  Really sorry,” he told her backing up.  He put on his brilliant smile and steadily started to take steps backwards pulling Olivia with him.  “We thought this was our room.”  He stumbled, caught himself and continued, not daring to take his eyes of the woman who had finally stopped shrieking.  She was now mumbling some incoherent words as she crossed herself with her hands.  “You see, we both left our keys in the room and we had a maid and-”. 

                Oomph!  

                Brody keeled over from the shoe that the scared woman had thrown and hit him square in the stomach with.  She was not taking to his story all too kindly.  She evidently wanted them out of her room and she wanted them out now. 

                 “Ma’am, please,” Olivia tried again and ducked when the telephone book came flying her direction.  “Okay,” she said, holding up her hands, “We can take a hint.”

                Feeling completely sobered up now, she grabbed Brody by the arm and started to pull him along.  “Come on, this woman isn‘t up for any explanations.  Be a man and suck it up so we can get out of here.”

                As he tried to straighten up he shot her a cold glance that told her he didn’t think too much of her statement.  “I’m doing the best that I can.”

                 “Well, then you need to do better,” she told him tersely.

                 “I’ll show you better,” he angrily whispered, “As soon as I get you back in our room.”

                 “Ha!” She scoffed and grabbed his arm, pulling him back down to the floor when the alarm clock came flying in their direction.  “Shut up and move your ass, we can talk later.”

                 “So speaks the woman who was standing topless in front of a nun,” he gibed.

                 “Why you sorry son of a-” Olivia started and bent down, grabbing the first thing that she could get her hands on.  Armed with the alarm clock, she started repeatedly smacking him upside the head while calling him every name that came to mind. “Stupid, lazy, miserable, sorry excuse of a man.”

                She stopped to gather her breath and he lowered his arm from his head where he had raised it to protect himself from her blows.  He glared at her.  “Are you done yet?” 

                Her mouth twitched just a little on the left side.  She looked at the alarm clock in her hand and then back up at Brody.  “No!” she snapped, “As a matter of fact I’m not.”  Once again, she lifted her arm to rail on him some more and he snatched the clock from her hands.