Chapter 14

**Edited by krisgee**

“The Rented Husband”

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14

                “I cannot believe that you didn’t tell them,” Brody growled, trailing Olivia as she bustled through the airport. 

                “I’ll tell them once we land,” she assured him as if it was no big deal.  Frankly, it was none of his business when she told her parents about their newly formed relationship - at least that was the way that she saw it.  This was her idea to begin with and she would spread the news when she was good and dang ready. 

                Olivia came to an abrupt stop with Brody almost bumping into her when they reached the long line at the first security check point.  She stood there, still as a statute refusing to acknowledge him.

                Brody blew out a loud, frustrated breath and Olivia could have sworn that it sounded like he stomped his foot.  “This is payback isn’t it?” he accused.  “Payback because I made you watch the World Series all week."

                Olivia made a gargled laughing sound.  "As if."  She turned around and pinned him with her angry eyes and poked him hard in the chest.  "You’re damn right it's payback Brody O'Conner, but not over a few measly baseball games.  It's payback for you moving in on my life, taking over my personal space," she told him circling her hands around herself, "and eating all of my food.  My food Brody, not yours."

                Brody's lips curved into a mocking smile.  He lifted his hand and touched her cheek, finding amusement in the way that she recoiled from his touch.  "Now sweet pea, what kind of husband would I be if I didn't live with my wife, hmm?"

                She scowled at him.  "You’re impossible," she snapped and quickly turned around, giving him a front row seat to her back.

                She had truly met her limit with him.  All week long he has successfully found ways to nettle Olivia and handily dance the jive on her last nerve to the point that she was about ready to pull out her hair.

                Standing in line she continued to stew over the different incidents of the past week and decided right then and there that she would probably have more satisfaction out of pulling out his hair instead.  Nice and slow, she pictured it, strand by individual strand until he was bald as a newborn babe’s butt.  

                It all started with the break in escapade after the dinner with his mother.  Brody haughtily decided that he would suddenly embrace his role as her all encumbering husband and ran with it like an Olympic finalist going for the gold. 

                He had done everything from leaving the toilet seat up so that when she woke up in the middle of the night, her backside conveniently fell in the chilly water to finding his dirty boxers discarded in the middle of her bathroom floor.  And let's not forget the God awful pet names he insisted on using, not only at home but at work as well.  Now, everyone in the office had it in their uptight big heads that they were married and the sly remarks that she was receiving were just about as bad as Brody himself.  

                Did she hold off on telling her Navy Seal dad about their nuptials on purpose? 

                Hell yeah, she thought to herself.  Payback can be a real bitch.