Chapter 3 - But Love Leaves A Memory

I told Madison everything we knew so far. She behaved completely normal the whole day and nothing bad happen but anytime she just walked outside and went to a bridge. No one knew why but she jumped from the bridge. Madison survived because a man saw her from his house and immediately called the ambulance who saved her later on.

She explain to me her point of view. She didn't want to do this and she was speechless when I told her everything. Madison wasn't able to remember anything after she left the house, the first thing she remembered was waking up here.

After we finished our conversation I sent a nurse to her room so she'd look after her and meanwhile I wanted to look for the other patient who's operation was done by now.
I was stopped by Taylor, another doctor, who was walking to the same room as I did. "Raz, you don't have to look after the other patient. He's still asleep and he will be for a few more hours. I'll care about him, don't worry. Call the parents of the girl meanwhile." He ordered and walked in the room.

I stopped and walked to Jose so she'd give me the phone number of Madison's parents. Afterwards I called them and told them about the condition of her daughter and that one of them or both should probably come here.

I finished this duty quickly and afterwards I moved on to my daily routine. I did some paper work, checked on some other patients and during my breaks I always had to leave the hospital because there were souls I had to take to heaven.

Different than human beings may assume, I took every soul to heaven. No human being goes to hell because hell wasn't made for humans. Their souls can't become demons, just like they can't become angels. It's the way William Shakespeare wrote it in his unforgettable work Hamlet "We know what we are, but not what we may be."

The only beings that live in hell are demons and every fallen angel would be supposed to be there too - but none was. Demons didn't see any advantage in it which would be worth the effort of hunting angels down.

That's why Lucifer and Cupid could simply live a human life on earth - Lucifer more or less. Most of the angels think he's in hell because he makes them believe it so he doesn't have to put up with them, Cupid thought so too even though they had always been very good friends. Lucifer doesn't live a proper human life because as he fell he didn't turn human.
He doesn't rule hell. It's someone or rather something else.

No one, except for our father maybe, was aware that the wings of an archangel grow back if they get ripped out. Everyone though he would have lost his wings but not his powers and that this would have been the reason that he didn't age, but it wasn't - and I knew it because we talked sometimes. As a consequence he's still an angel and he could return to heaven anytime which he strangely didn't do.

Lucifer rather sticked with the rumor that he'd be the devil and whenever an angel thought they have been to hell it was actually just an illusion - Lucifer is an powerful angel. He made them think they had been to hell but no one ever was. The only things living in hell are demons auf their ruler.

Furthermore Lucifer actually lived together with a woman and he was married to her. He had often been married already and he always loved them, he grieved for them when they died but he never stayed with them. He couldn't because he wasn't able to get old even though he wished he could. He would have chosen one human being over hundreds of us and he would have killed to stay with his wife because he was happy with her.

I was happy as well, you may call it excited or jubilant, because there were only two more weeks until Cassiel would visit me. Cassiel may have been an ordinary angel in some aspects - he was a warrior, he spent most of his time in heaven and he had white wings like nearly every other angel but to me he was so much more.

He was the first angel I met on earth and we immediately became friends. Every now and then he kept visiting me because he knew I wouldn't be able to visit him. He was always there for me and I was there when he needed me. That's why we became more than friends - he's the one I love from the bottom of my heart.

Whenever he visited me my heart skipped a beat and I felt like one of those 14 year olds who fell in love for the first time.

I couldn't wait for those two week to pass by but we aren't able to travel in time so I had to wait. I did my job in the meanwhile and enjoyed the rare times that I've been at home.

This evening I turned on the radio while reading and sat down in the living room with a glass of red wine.
My house wasn't big but it was comfortable - just like my living room. I had grown a lot of plants in there and most of my furniture was made of wood. It was a little outdated and I didn't even bother buying a television but this made it more to a home to me since, I suppose, I was a little outdated too at times.

I was nearly impossible to count all the books I have read. I was told the book shelf in my living room was huge because it covered a whole wall, but little did my guests know that my whole basement was full of books of well.
I loved reading because it was art - human beings did a lot wrong but this was one of the things no one could mess up.

I kept reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini which I started a few nights ago, but I had a hard time concentrating because the music managed to capture me. I ended up either reading the book or humming along to the music the whole night since I didn't need to sleep - I would be able to but I barely wanted to sleep.
Why should I sleep when life and books are so much more interesting than any dream?