Chapter 9 - It Builds Nothing,

They still hadn't caught the man who shot Cas. They figured out his name, Darren Hughes - his name sounded so familiar. I was sure I knew him but I couldn't really put a finger on it. The police was looking for him but it was like he had fallen off the face of earth.
Luckily there hadn't been any other incidents so far but he deserved to be in prison for all this - no, he deserved worse.

He was the reason an angel, who never did anything wrong, died and the man killed his family. He killed people who never did anything wrong.
He didn't deserve to be locked somewhere where he'd get food and have a warm place to sleep. This man should suffer - he should be just as hurt as all the beloved ones his victims left behind. He deserved to be punished and I knew one day he would get what he deserves.

For now all I could do was wait and think. I thought about a plan to get Cas back to earth without getting seen by Gabriel but I knew I wouldn't be able to do it alone - and the problem about not being able to do it alone was that no other angel would help me. No one of them would understand me, the only one who would is Lucifer but he wouldn't help me either and that was fine by me. I knew he didn't want anyone else to know that he still has his wings and I'd respect that.

While thinking of all this I went to work and tried to live my life as normal as possible.
There wasn't a lot going at work lately. At the moment I had to take care of a woman who had immense stomachache since quite a while but couldn't figure out why and about a man who tripped, fell down the stairs and broke his leg.

But they weren't the only ones who I took care of - Madison visited us.

She walked in the hospital, passed the reception and stopped in front of me. "Hello, doctor." She smiled at me and I knew she felt better by now; she also looked better or actually healthier now.

"Hello, Madison. How can I help you?" I asked and put the clipboard which I was holding in my hands on the reception.

"I'm starting to remember a few things about the day I tried to commit suicide." Madison looked at the floor for a second but then she looked back at me with hope flashing through her eyes - she wanted to know what happened just as bad as I did.

"That's good. Let's sit down somewhere and talk about it, yeah?" I pointed towards some chairs and after she nodded her head we walked to them, where both of us sat down later on.

I sat on the opposite side of her and waited patiently for her to talked about what she remembers. It was important to not pressure patients with amnesia, they needed some time.

Madison took a deep breath while looking down on her hands and then she started talking "I remember I was at home in my room. I was writing an essay for school and listened to music but then every suddenly became blurry. I don't know why. I only remember fractions of what happened then. I went outside and ignored my parents asking me where I am going. I went to a bridge and there-..." She got quiet for a while and then she looked me in the eyes "I saw a man. The man who shot all those people, the one who is always on the news right now and-...he told me to jump."

For a moment it felt like my heart was breaking into pieces when she mentioned the man but then all the grey matter in my head started working and I needed to get one question of my mind even though I knew she wouldn't be able to answer it "This happened before he shot those people so what was his intention to tell you to jump?"

"It's not that easy. I don't think he was really there. He didn't seem real, he was glowing and blurry - like I would have imagined it, but I'm sure it was him." She explained but she didn't seem really convinced by it either.

"Okay. Is there anything else you remember?"

"No. I'm sorry." Madison shook her head, disappointed about herself.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. It's good that you told me. Thank you, Madison." I assured her with a smile and got up.

She got up as well and after saying goodbye she waved her hand shortly and walked outside. Now it was time for me to try figuring out what happened to her, but there was someone else who would be much better at figuring it out, someone who was trained for that. The police.

I walked to the reception and told one of the nurses that I'm leaving for half an hour because I'd have to take care of something. Afterwards I hung my coat in my locker and left the hospital.
I waked over the parking lots and got in my car.

I arrived at the police station after five minutes and walked inside. I stood there for a second and thought about where to go because the station looked really big but before I could make a decision an officer already walked up to me and asked me if he could help me.

We went to his office where I told him everything I knew about Madison and what happened to her and then that she saw Darren Hughes before she jumped. The officer wrote down everything and looked through a few files before looking at me.

Then he said "That impossible. He had a car accident at that moment."