Chapter 13 - Oh God

It was the next day in the evening. I was sitting in the break room with Taylor. He was about to start his shift and mine just ended so we decided to have a cup of coffee together.
Now we were sitting at the round table which was placed in the middle of the room and each one of us had a steaming cup standing in front of us.

"How are you?" He suddenly asked in the middle of our conversation. His left arm rested on armchair and in with his right hand he picked up his cup. Then he leaned back in the chair but he never took his eyes off me during this action. He was clearly interested in the answer.

"I'm great." I answered without hesitation, even though I was lying.
"Really?" He leaned forward and furrowed his brows "I know you had been close with the patient who died. What was his name? Uh-...Ah! Right - Cassiel."

"Trust me, I'm okay." I put on my best fake smile and fought back all the pain and all the doubts I had about my plan.

"Ok, I trust you - but you can always come to me if you don't feel good." Taylor smiled and took a sip of a coffee.

My cup was empty by now and I simply nodded my head. Even though it wasn't obvious, I was really thankful to hear that someone is there for me.

"You know, god has a plan for all of us." He added and that's when I got up from my chair.

I leaned my hands on the chair and looked at him "Yes, I heard that a few times in my life already, but its late now. I'll go home."

I didn't wait for an answer and left the building.
It was probably one of the worst moments to talk about father. To say something like this. To think god would know anything that's actually going on. He only knew the things Gabriel told him.

He's an old man who has no idea what is going on in heaven, on earth and in hell - he simply didn't care. He made all his rules when we were created and when he gave us our free will he stopped caring about us. I was told he didn't leave his office ever since and only sometimes you could hear the door creak whenever Gabriel entered the room to discuss something with him.

I couldn't understand why humans still had so much trust in him - at least the Christians - our father isn't the only god, there are many more.
I couldn't understand why they kept praying to him before going to bed and why they begged for his help in hopeless situations. He didn't do anything for them since such a long time - but I guess that's fate. Having trust into someone, no matter how often he let you down.

While thinking of this I strolled down the street to my car.
It was getting cold by now and just the last glimpses of sunlight warmed my skin. Every part of the city was getting ready for summer and even my old, grey car was sparkling gold because of the sun.

I unlocked the door when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and the next second everything turned black.
Darkness was surrounding me, but not for long. I found myself standing in the middle of a big building, which seemed to be an abandoned industry. It was dull and dirty inside, there were huge windows everywhere but the dirt on them obviously locked out the sun.

I span around to see who brought me here but the person was gone.

"Are you looking for someone?" The voice of a young female echoed through the hall.

Without wasting a second I looked at the direction the voice came from and found a girl sitting on the stairs. She was probably 15 years old and her blonde hair was braided on both sides, only some longer bangs were hanging in her face. The blonde put her hand up and waved at me which made her brown leather jacket squeak silently but her black tank top stayed in a perfect position.

First there had been a lot of questions on my mind. I didn't know where I am or why I am here. I couldn't understand how I even got to this place - if I would have been teleported by an angel then I would have burned but I didn't, I got swallow by dark smoke.
It didn't make sense - until I saw that girl.

She waved at me and put on such a sweet smile, it would make you do everything for her if there wasn't that one thing. When she waved at me her eyes - they became black.

The second her eyes turned black I stood up straight and lifted my chin slightly, like a reflex. "Who are you?" I asked harshly and walked to the stairs she was sitting on.

"Good question, but wouldn't it be better to ask why you are here?" The girl laughed and stood up, then she walked downstairs while turning her hips like she'd be on a catwalk - she behaved way too mature for her looks. She stopped on the last stair so she remained on eye level.

"Then explain to me why I'm here and who you are." I crossed my arms and looked at the black eyed girl.

"I'm here because I have a job to do." She replied and got off the last step so I had to look down at her. Her sassy grin suddenly turned to an evil smirk and it seemed like our surrounding adjusted to her expression because everything became darker. "So, do you want to tell me where your brother is or do I have to force you to?"

I had to hold back a laugh when she said she would force me to and then I replied with a straight face "I have no idea where he is at the moment."

"So the hard way it shall be." The girl said and before I was able to say something or to laugh about the fact that a 15 year old was trying to threaten me, she already grabbed my neck tightly and lifted me off the ground. She was way too strong for her appearance and I had a hard time breathing while I was struggling to get her hands off me.

"Once more, where is your brother? Where is Cupid?"

0","0",��S˕M'