Chapter One

Chapter 1: She Will Rise Again

            “No way, you cannot shove six Oreos in your mouth at once!”  My best friend Kylie said.

            “It’s true,” and just then I shoved six Oreos in my mouth and said with a muffled voice, “See.” We were at my house, supposed to be studying for our ancient Egypt test on Monday. It was all about Cleopatra and how she swore she’d come back from the dead. By the way, we knew nothing, and it was seven o’ clock on a Sunday night, we had no chance of getting an A or maybe even a B. “Alright let’s get studying.”

            “Fine I’ll keep reading.  Before Cleopatra died, she said she swore she would rise again, Archaeologists who have been studying Egypt since 2005 predict she will reincarnate as a girl named Ashley… Tomorrow!”

            “It does not say tomorrow,” I said in disbelief.

            “No right here,” she pointed the book toward my face and showed me the page; “It says that Cleopatra will rise October 30, 2010! That’s tomorrow.”

            “And a day away from Halloween, creepy,” I added. “Well, the test is tomorrow and we have like two minutes to study, do you think we can do it?”

            “Well, when Cleopatra rises she will get revenge on whom she chooses, who she finds to be most like her murderer. The End!” Kylie said really fast. “There Brandon, all finished, now I got to go get home, bye!”

            “Bye!” She walked downstairs and headed home.

            “She will kill who she finds most like her murderer, and if she does come back to life, I sure do hope that her murderer is not a guy!” I said to myself. Just then my mom walked in the room with two grocery bags, and my older sister Taylor was behind her.

            “Brandon, can you help unload the bags out of my car?”

            “Sure Mom, I said as though I knew I wasn’t alone, and that, Ashley or Cleopatra, or whatever her name was couldn’t get me with Taylor and Mom around. I started to walk to her car when I noticed Taylor had on a cute little headdress that looked as though she was Egyptian. “Oh my pink jelly” I screamed, “Get out of this house Ashley!”

            “What are you talking about,” Taylor said with a weird look on her face as if someone had just told her to get out of the house and accidently called her Ashley. “My name’s Taylor.”

            “Then why are you wearing an Egyptian headdress.”

            “It’s my Halloween costume, I’m going to scare the little kids so bad they’re going to pee their pants and cry for mamma.” She laughed and then went upstairs.

            “What was that all about?” My mom asked as if her kid just yelled at someone’s daughter- Well, you get it.

            “Mom, do you think Cleopatra wants to murder me?”

            “Why would Cleopatra want to murder you, she’s halfway across the world and dead.”

            “Well, when Kylie and I were reading our Social Studies book it said archaeologists have been studying saying Cleopatra will rise on October 30, 2010 and stalk and murder one who looks like her murderer.”

            “Well, there’s over a million people on earth, plus we’ve got those little Marshans on Mars so I doubt she’ll get you. Plus it’s impossible for reincarnation.” My mom said with a soothing tone.

            She walked away feeling confident that I was convinced when truly, I wasn’t. Every night I had planned on looking under my bed and making sure no evil hieroglyphics or some haunted headdress can take a machete and slice my head off, and last night was a very scary night. My room kept getting a scary chill and covers kept falling on the floor. I heard a loud groan and suddenly my door burst open.

            “Brandon, go to sleep, I hear you over hear moaning and it needs to stop.” It was my dad and he closed the door and left. So he heard it too, I wasn’t alone in this.

I had to find away to keep this eerie noises out of my head so I grabbed my music player and put the headphones in my ears while the music played. I closed my eyes and… BOOM! My headphones whipped out of my ears and fell on the floor, okay now I was scared. I just closed my eyes and tried to think of happy things. Things like rainbows, cotton candy, teddy bears, and gumdrops all dancing on a river of chocolate.

Okay, now I was a little bit in the five year old stage, but I still thought of it and finally I was a sleeping peacefully. Well, until my dream came in.

My dream was scary, I could see a golden room, it had little kiddy drawings on the wall and when I looked down the hall I could see a girl. A girl with dark, thick, black hair was looking right at me. Golden outline was around her body, she was so beautiful she made it hard not to look, I felt like I had to go forth and follow her. Then all of a sudden her headdress grabbed a machete and POOF, I was awake.