Chapter Two

Chapter 2: A New Student Named Ashley

I got up and put on my regular clothes, a pair of jeans and a hoody.  I started to walk to school when Kylie caught up to me. “So are you freaking out on how Cleopatra should reincarnate today?” She asked.

“Oh, don’t remind me, but anyways, I had the creepiest dream, it had to do with Cleopatra and how she wants to kill someone.” I said

“What was it, I want to hear it!”

“I was in some golden room and she started to kill me with a machete.”

“Pretty plain and simple, but maybe that means Cleopatra, or Ashley is after you!” Kylie said like I was a really famous celebrity.

“Kylie, that’s not a good thing, I could be killed right now right any second.”

“She won’t kill you; I remember that book said that she’s really nice.” Kylie said.

“I also remember the book saying that she wants to murder her murderer look-a-like. I searched who murdered her and it said it was Ati, an Egyptian guy with short black hair.”

“You have short black hair,”

“Duh!” I said with rage.

We kept walking when we passed the public library; sitting on a bench in the front was a girl kind of like the one in my dream. She glared at me intently and gave me the death stare. Just when I looked at Kylie and then back, she started getting up and walking toward me. “Come on Kylie, we need to speed things up and get to school or else there will be no school.” We walked faster and faster when we couldn’t see her anymore.

“Maybe that was Ashley.”

“Let’s hope not, I don’t want to be the one to be murdered because my look-a-like poisoned her.”

“Hey maybe she’s your twin.” Kylie said while laughing.

“Come on,” I said and I grabbed her hand and started walking.

We reached the school with still no sign of shining girl. I was free until after school, I can just ride the bus and have no problems with her at all.

I walked in the school and noticed that it was eight twenty-five; five minutes to get to class or Mr. Mansard would kill me. I walked into class with one minute to spare, everyone stared at me, but then to think, when wasn’t I late.

The bell rang and I walked to class, Mrs. Hanta, my science teacher, was standing at the front of the room with a small black-haired student.

People walked in annoyingly and laughing, showing each other their toys, while I just sat and waited.

“Everyone, may I please have your attention.” Mrs. Hanta said.

The chatter faded slowly, but the noise had finally disappeared and everyone was quiet.

“We have a new student here and she will introduce herself.”

“Hi,” She had some accent that I had never heard before, “My name is Ashley and I am an exchange student from Egypt.”

“Oh my,” I turned my head and looked away hoping she wouldn’t make any eye contact with me.

“I will be at this school until my duties done and I have completed my work.”

Just then Caleb raised his hand, “Uh, what exactly is your duty?”

“My duty is for personal reasons and I may not tell one singly living soul on this earth.”

“Well Ashley, thank you for that wonderful introduction, now I will choose one person in this room to help Ashley around the school.”

“Um, may I choose?” Ashley said with a grin on her face.

“Sure, go ahead choose anyone in here.”

“I choose Brandon, will you?”

I started to stutter, I wanted to say no when I heard sure, and I would love to. What did Cleopatra have mind controlling and language controlling?

“Perfect I will meet you at my locker after this period.” Then she took her seat.

Kylie stared at me wondering what I just got into. More importantly why did she choose me? There were twenty people in our first period and she chose me. All I know, is I need to get eyes in the back of my head.