Chapter Three

Chapter 3:  Follow Me

            We walked around the school and Ashley looked at everything in awe. She asked a ton of questions like ‘What are we learning in Social Studies’ and ‘What’s that?’ as she pointed to a long banner on the school lunch room. My answer to the first question was, you’ll find out, and the other one was I don’t know nor do I care. Ashley had something about her that wasn’t human; she definitely wasn’t a regular person.

 As we about finished the tour Ashley stopped me, “Thanks so much for being such a great friend, no has ever been this nice to me, except way back when my people actually appreciated me.”

‘People?’ I thought. Right after that we headed into the Social Studies room where Mrs. Fay was waiting for me at the door tapping her heel. “Where have you been Brandon?”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Hanta sent me to go walk Ashley around the school.”

            “Well, you’re about to miss our test on Ancient Egypt and Cleopatra.”

Just then Ashley froze and stood there, she didn’t move a single bone and just, stood there. I wanted to ask her why but I couldn’t! “Um, I need to go to the nurse; can you come with me Brandon?” Ashley asked me.

“Well, if it’s an absolute emergency, then both of you go ahead.”

We walked away when we couldn’t see Mrs. Fay anymore; Ashley grabbed my arm and said, “This is bad, really bad.”

“What’s bad?” I asked.

“She knows; she’s the one.”

“What are you even talking about?”

“Listen, I am truly Cleopatra, I came back from the dead to protect you.”

“But, I don’t know anything!”

“You know more than you think, you have the power, you are Ati! You are a reincarnated version of my best friend when I was a young girl. I came to help you. Mrs. Fay is trying to steal the heart stone! Mrs. Fay is Queen Hatshepsut”

“What’s the heart stone?” I asked out of curiosity.

“The heart stone is the most powerful gem in the Egyptian world, it can make anyone love you, and if you refuse, it can kill you!”

“So she wants me dead?”

“Yes, you have to trust me!”

“I do.”

“Fine, take this, it will protect you, when you’re with me you will run into Sphinx, Mummies, and almost every Egyptian creature ever alive, coming to kill you.” Cleopatra said.

I took the sword she had handed me and started slashing it, it started to glow a dark purple and ‘BOOM!’ there was an explosion in the bathroom in which she pulled me in.

“That is the Rhinestone Sword. It can kill basically anything it slashes through, but you must hit the enemy in the right spot, you have to follow me, we will get to Egypt before Fay does, come on.”

“But, wait, what about Kylie?”

“Kylie is a mere mortal; you are an Egyptian with special powers that won’t last long if we don’t get to Egypt, meet me outside of your house tonight. By the way, Fay is the strongest Egyptian alive, we won’t get her in the first year, not even the fifth, it may take us a near seven years to win and kill Fay.” Cleopatra said.

I was an Egyptian, and now I have a Rhinestone Sword, I’m starting to like Ashley, but definitely not my teacher, Mrs. Fay. I had to take seven years in Egypt with no one but Ashley, I will have to make friends and change my name to Ati.