Chapter Nine

Chapter 9: Reunite

            We woke up with a start; a huge monster was in our cave. Osiris and Miranda were already behind the monster with their swords motioning me to get up. I got up as quickly as I could and drew my sword. “This is an Elgiza, the biggest creature in Egypt. He can kill you with one whip of his hand.” Miranda said like she was an Egyptian teacher.

            “All she’s trying to say is watch out for those razor sharp claws.” Osiris said pointing to the Elgiza’s hands.

            We yelled his name and he turned around. Noticing us he slashed his claws right in front of my face, Miranda and Osiris jumped to the right and left while I just ducked.

            “Hey keep trying!” I yelled, getting it angry.

            “Brandon,” Miranda said trying to get my attention, “Don’t it can kill you.”

            “Hey tough guy over here!” And I ran under his legs. He was so confused he started getting dizzy. I did it again and when I did I noticed two people shaking near Miranda. The monster finally got confused and fell down, we had enough time to pack up and escape that cave, and there was no way that monster could get out.    

            I walked over to Miranda, Osiris behind me. Miranda was talking to the two shaking people.

            “Yes, we’re looking for our son, Auras, he’s lost.” One of them said

            Osiris was still walking and he couldn’t hear. We had found his parents.

            “I see, well, I think we may know where he is.” Miranda said with a smile.

            The four of us left the cave with Osiris packing; he walked outside and noticed his mom and dad. “Mom, Dad, you’re alive!”

            “Uh huh, we have been looking for you for two thousand years,” the mom said.    

            “Well, thank you Miranda and Brandon for finding them.”

            “No problem,” I said.       

            He jumped for joy and he left, him and his parents talked and talked they laughed and did everything a family is supposed to do. He waved and was gone.

            Now, it was just Miranda and I. We had no one with us. “I guess that leaves you and me.” She said with a smile.

            “I guess so, so what do you do now?”

            “Well, I think we should go give Cleopatra a little call,” she said, “Follow me.”

            “We walked into an empty cave and turned on the communicator.”