Chapter Seventeen

A/N:
Sorry it took so long for the update. I've been noticing I've published 20 parts to this story now, but I have only 3k reads. Some stories already have more than that even though they have some parts published. I'm not trying to complain-not at all. I'm just a little sad. Is my story not good enough? I don't know. Anyway, enjoy this chapter, guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•Elsa's POV•

I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Look, I get it if you didn't like the kiss, and it's fine if you don't want to be with me. Just say so."

He comes closer, every ounce of passion in his gaze gone. He's angry.

"Elsa, it's not that at all-"

"Then why ignore me?" He sits down on my bed, defeated, as he lets out a heavy sigh. I sit beside him.

"Els, I'm trying to notice the other girls, too. I need to give them something they can talk about on the Report. And life as a prince isn't easy, especially when you're at war with enemies that want to end the monarchy."

I can tell by his posture that he's stressed out and hasn't had much sleep lately. I bite my lip, regretting I had admitted my confession to him. He's already under enough pressure-why should I put any more on him?

I come behind him and rub his shoulders. "I understand. I know it's not easy being you...the heir to the throne, the Prince of Illèa. But you're not the only one who has it hard. I get it."

I lean down and wiggle my nose into his neck. He sighs. "El-" He pauses as I kiss him there gently, then pull away. "You should get some rest." His eyes glance up into mine, a small smirk forming on his lips. "Gladly." He jumps on my bed. I laugh.

"Not here, your room." He gets up, his suit slightly wrinkled from the jump he had just made.

His face is full of thought, distracted as he kisses the top of my head. "I know."

"I'll see you at breakfast. I have work to do."

That night, I dream I am sitting on a gold and white throne, blood pooling at my feet as Jack steps towards me. He holds a crown in his right hand, and it is dripping with blood as well. I gasp in shock, unable to move because of the chains bound to my arms and legs. Jack cackles, stepping closer to me as he smirks devilishly.

"Jack...what are you doing?" I ask, aghast.

"It is time for my queen to be crowned...whether she likes it or not." He placed the crown atop of my head, and it feels like it's piercing my skull. Like it's trying to take control of me.

Blood trickles down my head, falling at my feet with the crimson flood of scarlet already there.

"P-Please....s-stop this. It isn't you..." Jack shakes his head, grabbing my hair and yanking me closer to him, my face an inch from his. "No," he says solemnly,"this was always the real me. I am one and the same." An image of his father appears in the blood, as well as my sister, Toothiana, and Hiccup. He's killed everyone I loved so I would be forced to take the crown.

And I hate him for it.

But no-this isn't real. This isn't Jack-my Jack.

I put a hand up to his face, and his eyes lock with mine, his gaze growing soft. "Elsa?" He says, and that's when I wake up in reality.

I turn on the light, my sheets soaked with sweat. I sigh, getting up and going into the hallway. I see Hiccup outside my door, and his eyes lock into mine, his gaze burning into mine.

His eyes question the words he can't say aloud: a million things we will never be able to say that will get us both killed. He can only nod as I walk away to go to the gardens.

"Lady Elsa! Wait!" Hiccup runs up to me, panting. "Be careful when you go out. I'll be watching safely from the door." I nod, smiling as I quickly kiss his cheek in the dark. I can't help it; I can't deny it anymore.

I love Hiccup still.