Chapter Twenty-five

A/N:
So as you can see, I have a new cover! The winner is ElsaArrendelle123 and as promised, I will be messaging her about the story and if she had any questions about future chapters, I will answer them for her. To second place and third places, congratulations! And thank you all for submitting. They were all so beautiful. I may do the same thing for my other stories, so go follow them for notifications! Thanks guys. Keep reading and stay Miraculous!

_________________________

•Elsa's POV•

The few days after the attack were a blur. Because of the repairments needed for the palace, the Report was canceled. Maddox and Leuh were really bummed since the new dress they had made for me was extravagant. It was a dark red, almost like a wine color, with gems sewn all the way down the bell if he dress. The top of the dress fit me nicely, the fabric hugging my waist and chest. The best thing I loved about it was how it looked in the back. It had such a beautiful bow in the back.

"Luckily, we could use it for next week," Maddox had said while she was pinning up my hair.

As for Jack and I....we haven't been as close as I would like these past few weeks.

Jack was frequently going on more dates with the rest of the Elite, and no one has been eliminated since Diana. Artemis had revealed that she had been kissed by Jack, and even if I didn't know whether it was true or not, it still hurt.

Now we're all in the Women's Room with Gerda, going over another "important" history lesson.

"Who can tell me what happened to America after the Third World War?"

I know this one, thankfully. I raise my hand, and she calls on me. "They went into a state of decline. We were still in debt from the old days, and it skyrocketed. So Canada and China invaded." She nods, a bit of a smile on her lips. "Good."

Suddenly, a maid comes in and delivers a letter to the queen on a silver platter. She would join us sometimes when she didn't have meetings or other things to attend to. I almost forgot she wasn't there, she was so quiet.

I had forgotten she joins us sometimes. "Thank you."

She opens the letter and opens it with a squeal of delight. Gerda normally taught us to remain reserved and quiet, as we wouldn't want to divert attention away from the prince or King. "Oh, Adgar's going to love this!" She turns to look at us, her hands clapping together with joy.

"Lessons are over for today. Gerda, come with me. Girls, once you've finished your lunches, I would appreciate it if you would kindly join us outside."

Outside? Why? I soon find out, because I see a lot of decorations set out on the tables in the gardens.

I turn to Punzie to ask her what she thinks is going on, but I notice her attention is elsewhere. I follow her gaze, shocked to see it resting in one of the guards. I couldn't quite remember his name-was it Jim? Rylin? Ugh, I don't know, but I know he is one of the head guards, along with that Pitch Black guy. He's handsome enough, but whenever you look at him it seems like he's trying to see through your soul, like he could suspect of any little rebellion inside you. Eeesh, he creeps me out. I don't dare say it aloud though. He might hear me.

"Girls, as you know, we have alliances. France, The German Federation, the Italians, Swenday, and the kingdom of Arendelle in Norway are our closest allies. Arendelle is coming next week as well as Swenday and the Italians. Since there are nine of you, each of you will be in groups of three. I will assign your partners and your country later." All of the girls turn to one another in surprise. I can hear Kaya say,"Geez, why do I have to do this? I can just get my dad to do it for me."

The queen narrows her eyes and sighs as she says,"Lady Kaya, a princess helps her country and her prince by being responsible, loyal, honest, and good. Seeing as you aren't very unstressed in this assignment, why don't I just go ahead and put you as a fail for this assignment? Prince Jack would love to hear that." Kaya's cheeks redden, and she shuts her mouth furiously. I try to hide my smirk. It doesn't work.

"Now, we need to learn colors in each nation's flag. Design beautifully, because this depends on who will be eliminated." Gerda adds, exchanging a glance with the queen. The queen eyes every one of us, but as her gaze reaches mine, her eyes flash a hopeful look as she winks at me. I gasp a bit, looking away so I wouldn't be rude to just stare.

As Gerda and Queen Avalon walk off, I begin to wonder something. Does Queen Avalon have more sides to her than I thought?