Chapter Forty-one

A/N:
Yes, it's been sooo long. I'm back, however! College is kicking my tail, but I need a place to escape, so I figured getting back here should do the trick! Hopefully I'll be updating every week for all five of my stories, but being a college kid, I'm not sure. Anyway, enjoy!

•Elsa's POV•

We walk inside the door way of the castle. I look around, trying to remember the layout of the castle correctly. This is the throne room. Where I would have been coronated in about five years. I'm close to being eighteen. Jack notices me looking but doesn't say anything.

"Well, this is the throne room. Even though you guys don't have one yet, this is what it would be like," Anna says as she puts her hands over her shoulders, whistling. She then blushes as she remembers her etiquette and remembers a certain Queen is among us.

"We had one, but the rebels destroyed it when I was about your age. It was before even Adgar had had his Selection." Queen Avalon shakes her head sadly. "And it has only gotten worse." Anna nods. "The rebels here aren't as bad, but they have gotten in before."

Jack is quiet as we continue through the castle. "This is-was-Dad's study. My room is down the hall to the left, and Elsa's was on the opposite hall to the right." I smile. Even though I had only stayed for two weeks, it was very comfortable. It was my own, not a temporary home like the one I had back at the palace.

Anna then leads us to a place of the palace I had never been before-the Hall of Royals. It is basically a hall filled with paintings of dead royals. I pass by a painting with a woman in a swing, about to jump, it seems. "Hang in there, Joan!" Anna gives me a crooked smile as we pass. I laugh but then stop at a painting. It is my parents- my real parents, with a baby in there arms. Me.

•Anna's POV•

I was leading the group around the castle when I see Elsa stop. I tell the Queen and Princess Emily to look at the paintings while I head to my older sister to see what she is looking at.

"Elsa?" She just shakes her head. I put a hand on her shoulder as I continue,"What happened wasn't your fault. You didn't know-"

"Yes I did, Anna. I knew they were busy but yet I still moped anyway. If I hadn't told Jack about it..."

"Elsa, it was no one's fault."

"It feels like it was all mine." I rub her shoulders.

"Do you wanna hear the whole story?" She shakes her head, pulling away from me. "Why would I want to hear the story of how my parents died?"

I shake my head. "The whole story." She looks at me suspiciously. "Queen Avalon, would you come with us for a minute? I wanted to tell my sister Elsa a story and you were brought up." She nods, Elsa looking over at me in confusion.

"Of course! There's a secret doorway near this painting. No one can hear us there. Follow me." She makes sure that her children aren't looking when she pulls down a candle that happens to be a lever on the wall. She pulls us in where there is a series of dark hallways. "Wow."

She smiles. "When I first became princess, Idun and I snuck around a bit. I was a bit...mischievous back then."

"That must be where Jack gets his mischievousness." I comment, smirking a bit over at her.

"Oh no, he's his father all the way." "Not all the way." Elsa says.

The queen looks at her. "What did he get from me?" She asks quizzically.