This Is Not a Date (Reader!Civilian x Dean Winchester)

--Legend--
(Y/H/T) : Your hometown
(Y/M) : Your major

--------------------

It's been a while since you've been home, after travelling around the world you decided it was time to take a break and return to (Y/H/T). Of course when you announced this, friends and family were quick to welcome you with excitement and invitations for outings. Amidst all the messages, however, one in particular stood out to you.

"Hey, heard you were coming back to town for a bit? Wanna catch up?"

It was sent by the one and only Dean Winchester. You haven't heard from him in 84 years, ever since you graduated high school. And even then you and him barely communicated outside of class , you weren't exactly friends - - but you had the potential to be. Your heart skipped a beat. Why? Yeah, he was hot. Okay, he was really hot. But this invitation was obviously platonic.

You shook your head and clicked on the message to reply: "What did you have in mind?"

His reply came instantly, not giving you time to process anything: "I pick you up tomorrow at one and we go from there?"

"Sure."

----------------------------------------

You stood on your porch, wearing your best outfit and carrying a small bag. It was almost one o'clock and your heart would not stop racing. This isn't even a date, (Y/N), you told yourself. Taking deep breaths to calm yourself, you took the time to look around your neighbourhood. Your town was small and modest, it was one of those places where everyone more or less knew each other. You liked it, but you also felt extremely bored especially when a majority of your friends had started leaving for work and college. So you got out, too.

Now you're back again and about to go on a date with - - no, wait, this isn't a date! It's just a regular outing, a platonic hangout. You were sure Dean saw it the same way too.

Off in the distance you heard a car coming up the road. You expected to see a black 1967 Chevy Impala and yup, there it was, blasting classic rock no less. Just like it always did. Dean rolled up onto your driveway and shut off the music, the dead silence caught you off guard a little. He got out of the car and walked up towards you with a grin.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" he said before pulling you into a hug.

You hugged him back, though it took you a few seconds to register the feeling. He changed. He got hotter. Oh no.

The two of you parted, "You basically look the same. Still got that same style from way back when, huh?"

"I could say the same for you," you replied, mentally ordering yourself to not blush because it would be so noticeable. Yes, Dean was exactly the same minus the fact that he got taller and was now fricking ripped.

"I like consistency," he shrugged before patting your shoulders with both hands and leading you towards the passenger side of the car.

"What's the plan?" you asked, suddenly remembering how touchy feely he used to be.

"Definitely getting something to eat," he said as he opened the car door for you. You slid into your seat and watched as Dean made his way around the front to get to the driver's side.

You had never been in his car before. A couple of times he offered you a ride home, but your parents probably would not have approved of you taking favours from the school's notorious bad boy...who later dropped out on top of that.

Dean got into his seat and buckled on his seat belt, "How about the diner?"

You chuckled, "Yeah, actually, let's go there."